Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsNiceGrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Meeting the parents.
    I am meeting my boyfriend's parents this weekend... we've ben dating about 4-5 months now and he met my family a few times already. We are going to the Botanical Gardens for his birthday and his parents are driving in to town and bought tickets for us all to go already. They seem like really sweet people and am excited to meet them...
    My question is... what can I give them as a small gift? That is the appropriate thing to do... but since it is not at their house or involving food, its stumping me! Any thoughts would help! :)
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Feb 16, 2009, 07:47 PM

This is a question that you should share with your boyfriend. He will be able to help you by telling you what their interests are, and what they would appreciate. Also, it may work best to sway the gift towards his mothers' tastes. This will make his father happy, and ease the initial tension during the first meet between a mans mom and his girlfriend.
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:07 PM
    I second that, aim towards moms interests, its her baby boy your dating

Feb 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
    You are right... and I have asked my boyfriend and he says not to get anything at all...

I know mom likes to cook, that's about all I know... dad likes gardening and coins.

The problem I am having is that we are going to be at an outdoor place when I meet them, so I need something simple but sweet... maybe a Thank you card since they have paid for the Botanical Gardens?

This would be much easier if we were going to eat or something! Its easier to bring food :)

Feb 17, 2009, 05:03 PM

Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents and grand parents [ 2 Answers ]

are there any laws in pa say that stepparents nad grandparents have right to say what goes in my child's life ?

Gay Couple - Meeting the parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, So I'm a little scared lol. My fiancé and I are planning on heading to his parents house in Mississippi this Christmas and it would be the first time that he has brought someone home. We're driving and he has shown me his house on Google Earth. I guess I'm freaking out a bit because I don't...

Gay Couple, Meeting Parents for the First Time [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have been together for over four years- however, my family and her have never met, due to the severely negative reaction of my parents upon learning of our relationship. It has been almost four years since I told them we were together- we live 500 miles away from them, and my...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

Boyfriend meeting the parents [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my situation, I am from haitian background and my boyfriend is italian. We have been dating for 8 months now. I come from a family with old values and mentality. My family is putting pressure on me, they want to meet my boyfriend. This situation wouldn't be if I wasn't living at home (...

View more questions Search