Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zworriedmom2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 10:26 PM
    How to stop daughter from going back to abusive boyfriend?
    I have a 17 year old that has no respect for my husband and I. All she cares about is her 21 year old boyfriend who abuses her and she thinks it is okay he will change. She does not want to hear anything we have to say and that she loves him and they are going to move out soon together. He has been charged and put in jail for assault and forcable confinement and uttering death threats to my daughter but she forgives him and things will change. She refuses any councilling and believes it will all work out. We are afraid for her life and have done everything we can do to protect her but because of her age she can leave if she wants. Any advise would help.

Thxx
    Worried parents
    jjb4060 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 10:27 AM

She is 17, not 18 so therefore she is still a minor. He can be put in jail for statutory rape. Also... you and your husband can have a restraining order put against him which says that he is to be nowhere around you or your daughter or property. Take charge over your daughter. It is better for her to hate you for a little while than end up hurt or dead. Good Luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 11:44 AM

17 with a 21 yr old is not statutory rape in many states.
    Many states 16 and up CAN be with someone as much as 4 yrs older or more than her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 02:06 PM

And in some states, like GA a 17 year old can move out if they want.

But at this point, if he abuses her, the parents can still press charges agasint him for assult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer abusive adult daughter? [ 24 Answers ]

How do I answer a disrespectful adult daughter who is abusive to me?

How do I evict an abusive 25 why.o. Daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My 25 y.o. daughter is abusive to the point where my wife has threatened to leave or committ suicide.I have told my daughter to leave on numerous occasions but she refuses. She quit her job, is an alcoholic and bulemic. She has refused therapy. Her fiancée broke off her engagement 2 weeks ago -...

Abusive Adult Daughter and Baby [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 22 year old daughter and 2 year old granddaughter who live with me. She has a very good job with a future so no issues there, BUT she was diagnosed with Bipolar in the past and shows sign of this all of the time. She is verbally abusive to me on a daily basis and shows signs of that...

18 year old daughter in abusive relationship [ 16 Answers ]

My oldest daughter is 18 1/2 and has been in a mentally abusive relationship that did end finally. It became very ugly. I took her to an abuse center to talk to them it didn't do much good and we have had a therapist involved with her ever since. The kicker is that she is going back to him now. We...

How do I stop my daughter from contacting ex-boyfriend who gave us problems? [ 13 Answers ]

I am very concerned. My daughter 16 dated a guy 2 years older. The entire time not wanting to associate with our family. The couple times coming into our home not saying more than hello if that. Would pick her up outside and not come in or even wave if we were in the yard. They broke up 2 months...

View more questions Search