Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Feb 13, 2009, 01:01 PM
    I been trying for 3 years
    I been trying to get pregnant for the longest and I went to the doctor and the doctor said everything was narmal for the both of us. We are married and we truly care about each other. I always wonder why the people who not married and doing things the wrong way they get there baby. But I'm married and I been trying for 3 years and not yet it happen. Can you help me and tell me what I can do to get pregnant ,is there a different way I can try. PLEASE HELP ME!! THANKS GOD BLESS..
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 13, 2009, 01:25 PM

It may just be an issue of bad timing. Have you been doing anything to pinpoint when you ovulate?

I recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and perhaps using OPK's if you aren't already. I would also suggest getting a second opinion. After 3 years of trying with no results, your doctor should be able to provide more information that that.

Since you're trying for a baby, are you on prenatal vitamins? :)
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Feb 18, 2009, 09:34 AM

I know you probably heard this before and its easier said than done, but just chill out and stop trying so hard and it willl happen. When you desperatley want it and are concetrating so hard on it you put too much pressure on your bodies so they can't perform. Me and my husband have been trying for four years now and fell pregnant in 2006 when we were moving house. I think it was because I totally pushed the whole baby thing to the bak of my mind because of the house move and wasn't concentrating on it. Unfortunately I misscarried at 13 weeks but it has given us hope that we will do it again ! Xx

Mar 27, 2009, 12:21 AM

Thank ypo both for answering me I have went to other doctors now and still nothing so I will take that in consideration thanks god bless and by the way I have counted 14 days be 4 my period to have sex and it still don't work but I will just try to calm down and just let it be thanks again.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 04:41 AM

When you say you went to the doctors and were told everything was normal, did both of you have some testing done?

Mar 27, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Yas we both have been tested every thing narmal they say we have been to mutiple doctors

Mar 27, 2009, 05:06 PM

Yes we both have been seen by the doctor and we both are narmal from what they say
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 05:18 PM

The 14 days before your period may not be when you are ovulating. If possible, you might try, if you haven't been already, having sex throughout your cycle. Trying for every other day or every third day at least, and then maybe a few more times during the week you feel you might be getting close to ovulation.

Have you tried various means for determining when you might be ovulating? Watching for changes in cervical mucus, maybe trying an ovulation kit, or temping and charting. The Taking Charge of Your Fertility book LearningAsIGo suggested is excellent... you might be able to find it at a local library or book store, and it can be ordered online as well.

If your doctor is your regular doctor, you may also want to see about getting an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist. They specialize in working with women and families who are having difficulty becoming pregnant. Perhaps more testing would be necessary.

Apr 28, 2009, 11:46 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I still have not got prengant and I'm still trying I have done everything from wasting money on vitamins and all... any new word on the street..
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 1, 2009, 11:33 AM

I had a friend who went through that and it turned out she was "allergic" to her husband's sperm. It sounds silly but true. When he ejaculated her fluid would release some chemical that killed his sperm. They only figured it out because once they started trying consistently she said she noticed a bleach type odor after they had sex. Her doctor took a sample an poof figured it out
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 11:44 AM

You might try Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com it helps you track your fertility and it calculates your most fertil days

May 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith1978 View Post
    I had a friend who went through that and it turned out she was "allergic" to her husband's sperm. It sounds silly but true. When he ejaculated her fluid would release some chemical that killed his sperm. They only figured it out because once they started trying consistantly she said she noticed a bleach type odor after they had sex. Her doctor took a sample an poof figured it out
    Yes, sometimes when the sperm come in me I do smell a little odor but it's not like a strong one... so could that be the problem maybe?
    Meredith1978 Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelcuryy08 View Post
    yes, sometimes when the sperm come in me i do smell a little odor but it's not like a strong one...so could that be the problem maybe?
    I'd look into it. I don't know how common it is, but it couldn't hurt to ask at your next appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

F1-opt-h1b 5 years [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Any TaxExpert, Here are the facts: Entered US: Aug 2001 on F1 Graduated: Dec 2005 (small lull between graduating and OPT start-date) OPT: Late Jan 2006 - Late Nov 2006 H1B: Late Nov 2006 - 31 Dec 2006

17 years old [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm a 17 year old girl and I live in alberta canada. I'm dating this guy who is 22 years old. We want to get pregnant really bad, but I'm considered a minor. I'm basically wanting to know if my parents have the right to sue him if I do become pregnant with me being a minor.

View more questions Search