Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeeQue Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Apartment Cleaning Business
    I have a friend who's looking to get into this line of work, and he's come to me for help and a couple of questions. He would like to know how much should he charge a flat out rate or should he charge by the square foot.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 09:20 PM

Apartment cleaning or residential cleaning is generally priced by the hour, and in this area (Chicago) the rates vary from $15.00 to about $17.00 + per hour. These rates are only my suggestions, you will be responsible for your own pricing.

Competition has a bearing plus your own costs when calculating your pricing;

Labor, supplies, equipment, overhead, profit, admin, etc should be the basis for your hourly rate.

There are many threads on this site that can provide you with more information. Type in "cleaning, residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, etc" in the "search bar" on top of this thread.

Stringer
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:54 PM

When I used to live with a lot of roommates in college, we lived in a 5-bedroom apartment, and we were charged by the room. I believe we were charged $15 base, and $10 per room, so a total of $65... and she came once a month, so it was doable.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:59 PM

Hi, DeeQue!

Since your friend is looking to get into that kind of business, does he know that he can get excellent exposure on the Internet for free when people do searches for people who do that kind of work where he is wanting to work?

Thanks!

Feb 13, 2009, 05:38 PM

He most likely will be starting his business in Georgia, and his just a little worried about pricing.

Feb 17, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Is there a website where my friend can go to see what kind of requirements he needs to meet to start his business?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeQue View Post
    is there a website where my friend can go to see what kind of requirements he needs to meet to start his business?
    He can Google it.

I would definitely say that he should legally incorporate with the State of Georgia.

I made some suggestions about pricing above, what was his reaction to those? And is it possible that your friend can join us here with direct information?

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apartment Cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Orlando Fl. I am opening an apartment cleaning business, this is move in and move out, so when I get there to clean the apartment it is empty and I am cleaning to get it ready for move ins. Should I charge by the sq ft? If so, how much?

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

How to start a cleaning business in Illinois.:)

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get started for a cleaning business?

Cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a new cleaning business and need to know what I need to do to get bonded

View more questions Search