Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candyfloss7 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Hair disaster - need to rectify yellow blonde
    I wanted to lighten up my hair for my wedding this coming Saturday, I had lightbrown with a few highlights in already but my natural hair is proabaly 50%grey now underneath, I went to a hairdresser yesterday and she used bleach and I came out looking more yellow blond with bits of dark still showing at the back underneath , I would like to tone it down and get rid of the yellow tinge, can I use a semi permanet toner now to do it myself ? Can anyone tell me what number shade to use ? I want to stay blond but not so bright , maybe a darker blonde, can't make mistakes and can't afford a salon right now . Im panicking only 2 days before my big day:eek:
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 11, 2009, 09:41 AM

If you're looking to fix your hair for your wedding, don't fool with it yourself! It can take a week or two to get it right and you don't have time for that.

Feb 11, 2009, 09:56 AM

Thank you rwinterton ,I know I am very apprehensive to mess with it alone, I have just washed it and looking at it I may be able to not look so bad, the brightest area is at the front on the fringe, do you think at least maybe only trying to weave a few very thin strands of hair in a darker toner may help it ? I really don't want to go back to the salon who did it and at the moment I am living in an area where there are no other salons to consult NC ( out in the sticks )
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 11, 2009, 10:05 AM

If you decide to tackle it yourself, a few thin darker strands might work, but I'd be careful. Throwing a brown dye on blonde hair can make a real mess (think greenish tinge).

Since you only have two days, I'm going to suggest something else. There are temporary rinses that can tone things down very well. Roux Fanci-Ful rinse is probably the best known. You can put some of that on the hair that's too bright. You can't really go wrong because if you foul it up (either putting it on too heavy, too light, or using the wrong shade), all you have to do is shampoo it out and try again. It works quite well. My wife uses it when she feels that her hair is too bright (usually right after a heavy highlight). In a few days, it fades and she no longer needs the rinse. Many people use this as their only toner. They bleach and use Fanci-Ful as their only toner. There are some problems that are solved doing this.

Feb 11, 2009, 10:11 AM
    I think I may try that if I find it here in my local store , I was told a shade with ash in it is good, thanks a lot for your response , keep your fingers crossed for me ! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Blonde Hair disaster [ 2 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair blonde and didn't like the colour so have dyed it 3 other shades in the past 3 weeks and yet I still think the colour looks awful against my complextion do you have to be particularly tanned or pale to pull of blonde or am I just missing something

Hair Disaster: blonde to blonde with violet red to black [ 13 Answers ]

Please help. I'm in tears, and have found no posts specific to my situation. I need a beauty professional. I have had a run of professional hair color disasters. I've done nothing myself. I'll lay it out. I am naturally a medium brown/auburn. I have been a wheat blonde with platinum...

Going blonde -FOLLOW UP- hair disaster ! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I posted a couple of days ago about going blonde and finally getting rid of that awful brassy orange color in my hair. But now I have another problem. I went to the salon yesterday my stylist used the highlight cap to pull out enough hair and bleach it so now my hair has no tint of...

View more questions Search