Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawndria Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 02:54 AM
    Who owns !
    How fast can a home sell if the owner falls behind on a few morage payments? And can I still be living in the home that they sold, if its not mine anymore?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2006, 03:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawndria
    how fast can a home sell if the owner falls behind on a few morage payments?
    This will vary from state to state and bank to bank. Know, though, that you will have to get lots of notices... then you'll get notices of the lawsuit filed... notice of the court date, then a hearing. After judgment is granted, then there are more notices prior to the sheriff's sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawndria
    and can i still be living in the home that they sold, if its not mine anymore?
    You will be forced out prior to sheriff's sale. If you are nearing losing your home you should seek financial counselling and/or legal advice. If you just cannot afford your mortgage payments, you need to seriously look at another gameplan, as it is eventual that you will lose that home if you don't make the payments.

... sorry to be the bearer of not so pleasant news :o

Good luck to you Shawndria.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Aug 14, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Depending on if your state has judicial foreclosure laws - 120 to 180 days and once the bank takes the property, they can immediately remove any occupants including prior owners or tenants.

1) ask your mortgage company about recasting your loan and adding any deliquent payments to your loan principal amount;

2) bring in an "equity" partner if the monies owed are significant and can be recast;

3) list it with a realtor firm who has experience with "distressed sales" and be sure to price it right;

4) offer the mortgage a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
    kody159 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Hey girl you got a number
    kody159 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Lisen go and stell it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding out who owns a property [ 7 Answers ]

I See A Piece Of Property I Am Interested In But No One Knows Who The Owner Is Or How To Find Out If The Property Is In Foreclosure Or What, How Can I Find Out.

View more questions Search