Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarrieandRay Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Dog Ate Towel
    Hello,
    Yesterday our German Shepherd ate half of a hand towel before we noticed her doing it.
    The vet told us to smash her poop to look for towel remnants, but so far nothing. How long should we wait before getting worried? We forgot to ask the vet that.
    Thanks for your help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 02:36 PM

Phone the vet and ask now. The towel pieces can become entangled in intestines, necessitating a very expensive bowel operation by the vet.
    CarrieandRay Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 05:28 PM

Thanks, we'll do that.
    We weren't sure if we were being overly concerned. Guess not.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 9, 2009, 06:30 PM

No you aren't being overly concerned at all! Yes please take her into the vet asap! I just watched a show lastnite on the Animal Channel where a dog had eaten an area rug. The dog seemed to be fine, but they took him in. He was bleeding internally, and it had ruptured his intestines, and esophagus! Thankfully they were able to save him, but it was critical, and the dog was lucky to survive. He now needs to be on medication, probably for the rest of his precious life, and the vet bill was horrendous, because they waited. Please take your dog to the vet!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it time to throw in the towel. [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating a guy for 2.5 years. I'm 26 and he's 46-a bit of an age difference but that's never been an issue for us. What HAS been an issue is that he has a child with another woman who lives a couple blocks from me in our town. She works at the same building he does and still desperately...

Heated Towel Rail [ 3 Answers ]

I have a modern heated towel rail in my bathroom, fitted like a radiator into the CH system. Can somebody tell me why it has adjustable valves at both the inlet and outlet points? How does that work?

Heated towel rail [ 1 Answers ]

I have a modern heated towel rail radiator in my bathroom (plumbed into the central heating system). Can somebody tell me why it has TWO hand adjustable valves, one at the inlet point and one at the outlet. Why two?

When should I throw in the towel? [ 18 Answers ]

My wife in I are in year 10 of our marriage. Most components of our marriage are fine except for my wife's intimacy issues. Even before we got married the pattern of difficulty with intimacy developed. I figured it would get better. She has had no desire to approach me in a sexual way in the...

View more questions Search