Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deelmo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Installing a new wall oven
    We are upgrading to new appliances in our 60's something kitchen. The new wall oven has red,black, white and bare copper wires in the armored cable. My old oven only used black, white and bare copper. I assume the black and white are both hot. Should I connect these to the black and red at the oven? What should we connect the white wire from the oven to? The oven came with very simple "red to red, white to white, etc" wiring instructions. If I had the wiring diagram for the oven I could probably figure it out. Guess what, no diagram.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2006, 05:55 AM
    The new oven requires a neutral, so a new 4 wire cable of the proper size must be installed. There is no shortcut around this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Gas Oven [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm switching from electric to gas oven. I have a gas furnace about 20 feet away from where the oven will be installed. They are both on the same floor. Could this be a DIY job or do you you sugest a pro? If DIY could sombody please give me detailed instructions or recommend someplace I...

Installing Telephone wall outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble installing a telephone wall outlet. The wire has 6 wires and the outlet has 4 wires. HELP!!

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Installing a Electric Stove/Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing an Electric Stove/Oven unit that is not up against a wall. There are cabinets on either side of the stove and a counter for eating behind the stove. I have my wire coming up through the floor behind the stove for the plug. The stove has a downdraft exhaust fan (exhaust fan is under...

Installing new wall heaters [ 16 Answers ]

We currently have radiant heat. We must change over to electric wall heaters. My question spans the installation of the new heaters and if it is possible to use the existing wiring without rewiring and tearing into the sheetrock. I have outlined what we want to do. Any input as to if this is...

View more questions Search