Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadpuppyeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Pet Deposits
    I live in Pennsylvania and when we initially rented our home we were required to put down a $2000 non-refundable pet deposit. In the second year, the landlord asked for an additional $995 non-refundable pet deposit. My question is this, was it legal for her to demand this second deposit or can I request that to be refunded?
    brooks Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2006, 10:19 PM
    PA treats a pet deposit as additional security deposit. By state law your LL can only charge you twice the amount of your rent as a security deposit during the first year, and must return anything exceeding 1 months rent to you at the beginning of your second year including a percentage of the interest.

P.S. Pet deposit cannot be non-refundable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Security Deposits in PA [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I need to know if it is a PA state law that a landlord deposits your security deposit into an interest bearing bank account? I asked my landlord about depositing my security ($750.00) into a bank account and he told me that he opted not to do that and that he used my security money on...

Security deposits [ 1 Answers ]

In Florida (broward county) do landlords have to put the security deposits in escrow accounts?

Water heater deposits [ 4 Answers ]

I have a clear gel type substance in my water heater I would like to know what it is Any help would be appreciated mogeye

Security Deposits [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question.. state is New Hampshire. Does anyone know if a security deposit ( by law) should be put into an account?I am aware that a unit of 6 or more is required an account,I want to know if it applies for a 2 unit also.

Security Deposits [ 5 Answers ]

If a Rental Property changes ownership is the repsonsibility of the New owner to get Security Deposits paid by the Tenants that already occupy apartments in building? The management company of the new owner of my building is telling me I will have to track down the previous owner to try and get my...

View more questions Search