Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladytinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 10:46 AM
    York Furance only blowing cold air
    We installed a new thermosat for our electric furnace "york" about 25 years old. When we started it to heat the house it only blew cold air; looked at wiring tired it again still coldair. Put the old thermosat back on and the furnace is only blowing "cold air". Is it possible we "blew"something putting in the newer thermosat?:confused:
    If so how do we fix it without having to shell out a few hundred dollars; which at this time would be hard to do.

Any help appreciated. :o

MR
    MO
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Did you follow ALL the installation instructions for the new t-stat (not just the wiring, but the setup as well)? If the old t-stat does not restore function, chances are something has failed as a result of improper wiring or setup of the new t-stat. How many/what color wires are present?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York furnace flash error code 6 times (blowing cold air) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a York (forced air) gas furnace that's 9 years old. Every winter it seems like I have to replace the pressure switch ( round switch with 2 connections & air hose). I hear the blower come on, burners ignite and then within a few seconds they go off with the red light flashing 6 times....

York Diamond 80 blowing cold air. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi All... Hopefully uou can help me out... I have a york diamond 80 gas furnace. It was working fine up until a few days ago.. It began to blow out cold air when the house clearly was not even close to "requested" temp. It turns on, starts the initial motor, the humidifer also kicks...

York furnace blowing cold air. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old York furnace that intermittenly blows cold air :confused:. When I turn the power to the unit off and back on, it lights normally and will run fine for a few days. This seems to be occurring at night and from the temperature of the house must be when our setback thermostat...

Furance hot an not blowing off heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a electric furance it is a coleman evcon, model number 7681-8191/A .standard blend air ll. I can smell it getting hot, yet the blower will not kick on. So I have to go and switch it from auto to on an make the blow work. It does not do the all the time just every now an then(mostly at...

Furance blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my furance blowing cold air and running all of the time

View more questions Search