Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unlovedchild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 08:01 PM
    I hate my mom, no lie.
    Its pure hate, I hope she dies, it would make my day.
    She acts nothing like a mother I don't call her mom I call her , excuse my language.
    But really she embarrasses me so badly she hits me and yells at me and is irreponsible.
    Okay so I do competition cheerleading and we had to sell something's and my god mom bought something and gave her the money and she spent it on weed !
    Then, I am selling candy for my school and my grandmom ( who I should call mom ) caught her trying to steal it ! Sometimes I really want to kill myself.
    Its not even a joke I hate my life so much I have the worst life ever.
    And I always cry because I know she doesn't care about me at all.
    And all she ever does is get high and get drunk and I feel like I have to take care of her.
    What should I do about all this ? Like how can I stop this ?
    Please give me and answer !
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 08:08 PM

How old are you?

Does your Grandma know about the drugs and drinking?

Where's your dad?

If the situation is as bad as you say then you need to get out. Talk to your grandma, ask if you can live with her. Of course she'll have to get some kind of custody in place, and in order to do that the courts will have to find your mother unfit.

This isn't a good situation sweetie, you need help, but all we can offer is advice. The help you need is most likely going to come from your grandma and the courts.

I wish there was more I could say. Report your mom to CPS, and then go from there. Also, search for support groups in your area, or talk to your school counsellor. You shouldn't be going through all of this.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 7, 2009, 08:20 PM

To be honest, I think it's bad enough that you have to stand all this to this day. Why didn't you spoke up before? The important thing is, do you want to live someplace else?
    Like Altenweg said, you should first of all talk to your grandma. You love her, I could tell because you said that you should call her mom.

If things go worse, and you're in the state of hating your life, you should call the police. They may find you someplace else to live.

I don't think a young person like you should be influenced into weed and drugs and alcohol. If your grandma is that loving, why don't you first try and talk to her? Maybe she could help!

If not, you need to get away. Not run away. Get away. Talk to police or something.

Wish you luck! Be strong!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2009, 06:53 AM

Your mom needs help... as the others have said, talk to your grandmother so that she can try to get that started for your mom.
    You do care or you would not be crying over her treatment of you.
    Talk to your grandmother soon. If she doesn't feel able to get that involved, find another adult you trust to talk to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 08:16 AM

Of course I will say that you are also in school and in cheerleading, so someone some place has to be taking care and doing something to help you.

Have you discussed with
    1. god parent
    2. father
    3. grandparents
    4, school couselor
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Feb 9, 2009, 01:31 PM

You're mom needs help, and you do to. I understand where you are, and how you feel. While I'm not going to go into an autobiography, I didn't exactly have a wonderful childhood either. Your mother may be irresponsible, and abusive, but her dying wouldn't make your day, no matter how much you may think you hate her. It wouldn't take away the pain, or make anything better, and it certainly wouldn't help if you killed yourself either. Its unfair, but you are going to have to be the grown up here. Its up to you to help your mom get the help she needs, whether she wants it, and through helping her you are helping yourself. You have to talk to a responsible adult figure, like your grandmother or a school counselor and they can take it from there.
    Charity471 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 11:06 AM
    I am a mum myself and agree wholeheartedly with the last reply to you, it is very very sad for both of you that things should get to this stage. You both need help your mum is ruining her life for whatever reason she has maybe is very bitter about something and unfortunately takes it out on the nearest person to her which is you. Can cannot and should not have to put up with this it is ruining your life too, you are young and have got to be strong I think you are strong to a certain extent but we can only take so much in our lives eh, so please before you crack do something, talk to as many people as possible, it is good to talk. There is help out there for both of you and maybe, just maybe you will in time a some sort of relationship with your mum. Take care
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:25 PM

I understand you've a lot of build in anger but you can channel that anger towards something else and turn it into something beautiful. What are some of the things you like doing? When I am feeling down and out I write. It keeps me from keeping all my anger bottled up and I been doing this since I was a teenager. I still have my journals from back in the days and from time to time I read through them.

Also, for your own mental health you need to confined in someone you truth and who will help you and if anything be that shoulder when needed. How is your relationship between you and your grandmother or is there another trusted adult you can talk too?

Whenever you feel the urge to kill yourself call this number 1-800-273-talk, it's an national suicide hotline or you can call them whenever you feel the need to talk to someone.

Sometimes our childhood can't always be like the "Cosby or the Brady bunch" but we can survive it and maybe when you get older your be able to help someone else that is going through the same thing you went through. In the end what don't kill us only makes us stronger and when you need help don't be afaid to ask for it. So please talk to someone and as your last string of hope you can always go children services.
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Feb 13, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unlovedchild View Post
    its pure hate, i hope she dies, it would make my day.
    she acts nothing like a mother i dont call her mom i call her , excuse my language.
    but really she embarrasses me so badly she hits me and yells at me and is irreponsible.
    okay so i do competition cheerleading and we had to sell somethings and my god mom bought something and gave her the money and she spent it on weed !
    then, i am selling candy for my school and my grandmom ( who i should call mom ) caught her trying to steal it ! sometimes i really wanna kill myself.
    its not even a joke i hate my life so much i have the worst life ever.
    and i always cry because i know she doesnt care about me at all.
    and all she ever does is get high and get drunk and i feel like i have to take care of her.
    what should i do about all this ? like how can i stop this ?
    please give me and answer !
    Look no matter what I know how you feel for real but you keep your head up OK and don't let the devil come in OK look up the good heaven and believe that god will work on your mother and send you threw all this. Baby girl I know its easy for me to say it but have you tried talking to her. I know you can't talk to a crack head because my cousin like that I'm truly sorry about that and I will lift you up in my prayers keep your head up and remember you are loved by jesus christ his self and everyone
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 PM

Look no matter what I know how you feel for real but you keep your head up OK and don't let the devil come in OK look up the good heaven and believe that god will work on your mother and send you threw all this. Baby girl I know its easy for me to say it but have you tried talking to her. I know you can't talk to a crack head because my cousin like that I'm truly sorry about that and I will lift you up in my prayers keep your head up and remember you are loved by jesus christ his self and everyone
    zworriedmom2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Keep you head up. You seem to be a very smart girl because you could have followed you Mom's ways. Your Mom needs counseling and some professional help to deal with her problems so she can be a better parent in the long run. Check into some programs in your area and talk to your grandma and other family members to get involved to get her the help. Your Mom must be going through some emotional problems to be doing what she is doing but deep down I'm sure she loves you and wishes she could be a better Mom but the drugs and alcohol changes the way she deals with life. Hopefully there is a way to get her some counseling and then your on the right track. It might help if you go with her as well so then you can both get to the problems concerning you which inturn will help her. I wish you all the best and good luck. Don't give up on you Mom, she need you in her life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Why does she hate me? [ 5 Answers ]

I had this best friend for a long time, and we told each other everything and went around together all the time. Suddenly she's more interested in hanging around with the 'popular girls', and trying to act cool all the time. She doesn't care that it hurts my feelings being ignored all the time. I...

Why does she hate me now [ 14 Answers ]

K well we broke up after 2 weeks of dating now she's yelling at me she gets angry easily and she keeps telling me she wants to die and I try to be nice but nothing I can do to make her stop yelling at me// will she ever like me again, does she still love me, I'm so confused and I'm in love with her...

My ex said he me to hate him [ 7 Answers ]

ARGH SORRY the title is supposed to be "my ex wants me to hate him". I have no idea what I wrote. Apologies! Hello everyone, ARGH I'm so stressed at the moment, in the middle of exams but I'm crying everyday and having these stupid random breakdowns in the middle of the day. My boyfriend...

Why does everyone hate me. [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up this morning because my older brother was shoving a chocolate muffin into my mouth... after I was up he told me to shut up and leave the house cause I was a fat sack of crap... then my friend since 3rd grade told me she hated me... and last my brother's friend called me a fagget and put...

View more questions Search