Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 11, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Is there a doctor in the house? High hormones and low hemoglobin
    :confused: Dr. did blood work on me on Tuesday the results came back that all my hormones were high (waiting on estrogine and p? ) and my hemoglobin was low he said the first time I went into see him that it was one of 2 thing but would not say, told mum and she panicked went to see him again to see if other results came in and when I asked him did he know what it was he said he did not wish to speculate but he did not reassure me it was not serious now I have to wait for a week an I'm going nuts trying to think of what is wrong, my original symptoms are no period for 4 months, sore stomach, weight gain, tired and generally just feel real unwell, took a pregnancy test (8) all negative and the doctor did ask me had I had a child, don't know if that has anything to do with it.. I just feel so uninformed he did not explain anything to me and now I'm worrying :confused:
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Some doctors think that young women either wouldn't understand or are too you to 'need to know' what going on with their own bodies. Then there are some that don't know themselves what exactly is causing these symptoms and don't like to admit that they are only human and have to 'guess' and work on ruling out several diagnoses before finding the right one. In this case, it's up to you to speak up and tell him you want the real deal or that you'll go to see someone else.

Doctors don't have crystal balls, and get most of their learning from what they read in books as 'classic cases', or when they come across an unusual case during their medical studies.

It's all in the attitude and willingness to work with the patient. That's why it's best for the patient to keep a mental history (or written) of their symptoms and unusual things that happen for the first time. In this day and age, the more the patient knows about him/herself, the best it is for all concerned.

Check the Mayo Clinic Online Site and see if you can find something similar to what you are going though and talk it over with your doctor the next time you see him. Never, Never, leave the doctor's office with more questions than those you had initially. It's your right to know what's giong on.

Good luck dear, and keep us posted.

marleneaames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 03:16 PM
    What you need is a doctor who can say YES, No or I DON'T KNOW AND LETS TALK ABOUT IT.
    If you find one let me know. Been searching for 6 years and no luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormones, discharge, and breasts [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone can even answer this, but I have Q's. Little bg: I didn't start my period until I was nearly 17... my boobs are still size AA and I seem to have excess discharge... how do I know if the discharge is unhealthy? What's wrong w/my breasts? My mom is little like that too, but...

Is there a medical doctor in the house? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if there was a medical doctor on the forum that I could talk to. I have some symptoms that are rather embarrassing to talk about "in public" and would appreciate an opinion on what you feel might be wrong with me. Thank you so much.

Want a key for spyware doctor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals I have searched for spyware doctor3.2 for windows serial but I could not found any can you help me? :o

Question on any doctor [ 1 Answers ]

As I understand, medical doctors receive hundreds of free sample medications from drug companies. I hear that sometimes they are overwhelmed with the free drugs. I know that doctors often give them to their patients. However, do doctors often have excessive medicine that they have no purpose for?...

View more questions Search