Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SCLIZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Hair dye
    My housemate colors her hair every 2 weeks if not more, she has grey/white hair and doesn't like it so she puts a dark dye on it regularly. I am very concerned that this is bad for her! Any thoughts or answers? Thank you
    amayko Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2009, 03:15 PM

Most hair dyes these days are fairly safe. At worst her hair will start to thin and fall out if she is using dyes that have a lot of chemicals in them too often but as far as her health goes it shouldn't hurt her like hair dyes from the 1940's would have because of the formaldehyde it once contained. If you are really worried you should maybe suggest that she should switch to a more natural hair dye like Garnier.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 08:13 AM

I would suggest that your roommate read this site for info on the safety of hair dye and shampoo. Hair Care: Save Your Hair and Your Life. Health and Lifestyle, 1stholistic.com, Holistic Living

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

How do I make my hair go back to natural or lighter hair colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm from australia and a couple of days ago I dyed my hair to a permanent intense dark brown but it went to dark I would really like it to go lighter or back to my natural hair colour which is a light brown with a bit of blonde. I have been striping for the past few days is there anything I could...

View more questions Search