Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ImGod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 03:38 AM
    Is this Inter-caste marriage? Can it happen? Share your exp.
    Hi All,

I have a very generalized question. I belong to NAIDU caste, KAMMA NAIDU specifically. My friend is also NAIDU caste but BALIJA NAIDU. If we both marry, will it be called inter-caste marriage? (as we are marring inside NAIDU caste.)

And, on an average, how often does this type of Kamma + Balija Naidu marriage happen?

Usually, will both of our parents accept when we put forth this request to them, or some caste problem arises?

I appreciate all of your comments on this!

Thank you,
    ImGod
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 8, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ImGod View Post
    Hi All,

I have a very generalized question. I belong to NAIDU caste, KAMMA NAIDU specifically. My friend is also NAIDU caste but BALIJA NAIDU. If we both marry, will it be called inter-caste marriage? (as we are marring inside NAIDU caste.)

And, on an average, how often does this type of Kamma + Balija Naidu marriage happen?

Usually, will both of our parents accept when we put forth this request to them, or some caste problem arises??

I appreciate all of your comments on this!

Thank you,
    ImGod
    I'd love to help you , but I don't know what any of that is. I'm curious, why is your user name "I'mGod". I happen to believe all of us has an "inner God, " if we be still and take the time to recognize it. What is your thinking?:)
    drew_carey Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Feb 10, 2009, 03:04 PM

In the world we live in today, the caste system in India is slowly becoming extinct (unless you live in a village). If your parents are strict, your proposal is going to be a no-no. In any case, I can totally see your kids (when you have em) rebel against you.
    ImGod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 01:31 AM
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I'd love to help you , but I don't know what any of that is. I'm curious, why is your user name "I'mGod". I happen to believe all of us has an "inner God, " if we be still and take the time to recognize it. What is your thinking?:)
    Thank you Cozyk! I am happy you replied. And, I believe you were wondring about my name to be ImGod Right? Well, I too believe that god exists and even believe that we are god in first hand.

So, what's your thought?
    R.naidu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Actually" Naidu" is the caste name and the title of Kapu caste(Balija Naidu/Telaga/Ontari which represents about 25%of the population of Andhra Pradesh.However when some other castes like Mudirajus,Boyars ,Kammas ,Velamas etc started using the Naidu title in their names the real confusion arose as to the authenticity of the Caste proper. Though Balija Naidus(Kapus/Telagas/Ontaris) and Kammas are different castes they belong to Sudra castes of farming category. Reddi and Velama castes also belong to the same category of Sudras though they are different castes.Culturally there is not much difference among Kapus,Kammas,Reddis and Velamas. Kammas constitute about 4% of the population of Andhra Pradesh.In coastal Andhra Pradesh there are good number of marriages that took place between Kapus(Balija Naidu/Telaga/Ontari) and Kammas and they were considered intercaste marriages .No matter what caste one belongs to(whether equal,upper or lower castes) if the parties and the elders of the parties of the alliance are affable and magnanimous very successful marriages can take place.
    ItsInTheMind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 06:23 PM
    No Telugu person will ask such a question. ImGod and R.naidu are obviously not Telugu people.

Naidu is not the name of a caste. Naidu is a caste title. Many communities use this title. There are many Kammas and many Balijas who do not use the Naidu title.

Balija caste and Kamma caste are different from one another. Their customs are different. They do not inter-marry; unless it is a love marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Inter-religious marriage [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am basically a Hindu. I have converted into a Christian for my marriage. Yes, my wife is catholic. We have married before 3 years. We have a kid. He is one and a half years old. My question is : Is there any problem creep later by our inter-religion marriage? But we married under...

Regarding Inter caste marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm vaishali, I belong to brahmin hindu family and I love a boy who belongs to hindu caste but fall in schdule caste. He is well settled but how we convience our parents on inter caste especially about schdule caste marriage. Kindly give me suggestion what I have to do now?

Convince Parents on Inter-caste marriage? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Friends, Hope you would be able to help me with this... I am a Hindu Brahman guy in love with a girl and I have 2 problems... 1) she is a couple of months elder to me 2) she is non-brahmin... my brother loved and married a gal within the same caste (couple of months elder to him).. my parents...

Marriage,when happen [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I want to know about my marriage. When ,how and about that person who engaged with me .when he will come in my life. If possible also tell about my future because in these days I am very tense .

View more questions Search