Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basicallyiloveu Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 5, 2009, 01:08 PM
    What should I do?
    Right here it goes!
    There's this boy in my school and I really like him. The only trouble is he's in LOVE with my best friend! She kind of likes him too but says she doesn't want to have a boyfriend right now. I haven't told anyone this before because I don't want it getting back to her! I'm supposed to be going into town with him tomorrow to pick out a valentines present for her! I don't know if I should go though as it will be really awkward!
    Please please help me as i am a teen confused!!
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 5, 2009, 03:40 PM

Do not go. Choose your friends over boys. Wait till she denies him outwardly and then ask for her permission to make your move. But don't influence anything to happen in between them whether it be good or bad.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 04:22 PM

Yeah, 1st of all, if she kind of likes him, he's of limits! Even if she doesn't want him!

2nd. He likes her, and that makes him kind of out of reach even if she didn't like him! (who wants to wonder if the guy your with is still into your best friend? )

Where I'm from there are rules amongst girls, you do not under any circumstances hit on or make a move on (in any way) a guy your friend likes.

Like Chrissymarie said; chose your friends over guys.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 04:36 PM

Liking someone is natural but since he's in love with your friend and your friend likes him it would be in your best interest to not presume this because you would only get hurt. His heart and already set on someone else and this person happens to be your friend. Move past him and find someone else that is available and who your able to build something with and let this be a lesson learn.

Also, never go after someone that is into someone else because if you do get with that person they heart would be in it and they would be able to give themselve to you because they would be emotional unavailable and the relationship won't last.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Geez, I knew I forgot to add something :p :

If you pursue this guy, like Liz said, there is a chance you'll get hurt! Its better for you to let go now and move on!
    basicallyiloveu Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 6, 2009, 10:04 AM

Thank you very much guys! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search