Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Girls feelings
    There is a very nice little girl in my daughter's 4th grade class. My daughter likes her, but the little girl insists on poking, hugging, squeezing my daughter and all of the other girls. So much so, that the girls tend to not include her because she just won't stop. She will take my daughter's pig-tail and hold on to it and play with her hair until my daughter is ready to explode. My daughter has told her nicely to please stop but the little girl gets her feelings hurt and then my daughter feels bad. I have told my daughter to explain to her that she really likes playing with her, but she doesn't like being squeezed so much. It absolutely does not deter the other girl. Once she gets over the hurt fellings, she's right back at it. What can I or my daughter say to the other girl that won't hurt her feelings?
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

Feb 6, 2009, 08:35 AM

Oh no, just keep reminding her loudly and often that she should not enter people's personal space. This girl is going to have social problems unless she combats this issue. It would be nice if your daughter remained her friend while keeping strict boundary rules, but she may decide not to do this.

Good luck
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 08:47 AM

I would kindly say* Honey,you need to keep your hands to yourself,it is not polite to touch others unless they give you permission*.

You may also want to speak to the teacher and see if she has any tips.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he have feelings for her? [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to ask about my husband. There are two of his friends that are in town for a while from Cali. They were friends of his in high school who ended up dating each other and having a child together but they are not together any more. What I'm afraid of is that he has feelings for the woman. He...

Feelings for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

I am twenty eight. I have been happily married for 8 years and I have 2 kids however a few weeks ago my ex contacted me and wanting to know what I have been doing. After chatting on line for a while I got know what he has been doing and reminiscing about old times. We used to be sweethearts in...

New boyfriend.but feelings for your ex [ 2 Answers ]

My ex has a new girlfriend and I have a new boyfriend. Every time I'm with my new guy, all I can think is about my ex... is that wrong?? And everything that me and my boyfriend do.. I always compare it for some reason.. And my ex does the same thing too... as he "told" me. So should I break up...

Does he still have feelings for me?=[ [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having a huge confusing problem right now. I'm still not over my ex-boyfriend. You see, I broke up with him in early December and for some reason I though it was a HUGE mistake. It was a long distance relationship. We went to middle school together and I had to move. We later met again on...

Girls Feelings [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have known this girl for about 2 months. 1st of all we were quite distant - talking once or teice a week etc, never texting, I didn't really like her and she didn't like me either that much I don't think. Anyway recently I *THINK* she split up with her boyfriend but I'm not sure, based on...

View more questions Search