Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alilworried Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Bleeding over a month post abortion
    On 31st Dec 08 I took the ist course of the tablet -misoprostol ,and then on 2nd jan 09 the second course - zitotec . I was approx 45days pregnant. I bled clots on 2nd jan and the continued to have heavy bleeding. Once again on 20th jan I bled clots and visited my gynac, she planned on doing a d&c but after doing an internal as well as a scan she assured me that all was OK. My bleeding has not stopped yet.. this evening I bled a small clot again.. the bleeding is brownish with mucus . What should I do?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2009, 02:37 PM

It sounds like you are just at the end of the process. Some women will have discharge for a week or two, some for several weeks after an abortion. It normally will go from more like a heavy period to the brownish discharge. If you haven't already, you may get your period again fairly soon... or it may take a couple of months to sort itself out.

See how things go over the next couple of weeks... as long as it remains minimal, no strong odor, and does not go back to bright red things are likely fine. (it should continue to get less and less unless of course your period shows up) If ever you feel it just isn't right still, contact your gyn again for another check and the peace of mind.
    yassy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 10:55 PM

I did the same thing. But I bleed for just 2 weeks. I had a curettage because I can't take it anymore. Maybe you should do the same. Its illegal here at the philippines to do such thing but the hell I care. They can't support the baby after the birth so why bother. Ill go to jail if anyone knows what I have done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion in the 6th month? [ 4 Answers ]

Is the abortion is possible in the month of 6 - 7?? Or it is a risk??

Sex 1 week after abortion, heavy bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abortion last Saturday and took all the prescribed anti-biotics. I had some light spotting and a little bit of cramping for 2 days after, but then felt like I was normal again. The following Saturday, I had sex. I know it was not the most responsible thing to do and would take it back...

Chances of pregnancy within one month of abortion [ 3 Answers ]

I had taken pills for abortion in the month of Oct 11. After that twice, me and my boyfriend had unsafe sex, so can u please tell me that is there any possibility of getting pregnant?

Bleeding for roughly 2 month after having abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi needing help am 18 had an abortion in feb this year got a contraceptive jag in my bum not sure what its called but it finished in may since June ave been bleeding for weeks at a time sometimes its brown its horrible had thrush had a smear type thing had a urine infection just been always tired...

View more questions Search