Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Feb 4, 2009, 01:32 PM
    How to make normal cake and powdered sugar?
    Hey guys I need the amount of the ingredients for a normal cake and how do I make powdered sugar? Thanks :) :)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 01:40 PM

What do you mean by normal cake like angel food or devil's food? You can buy the powdered sugar aka confectioner sugar
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 01:56 PM

I have made powdered sugar in the past, but would recommend that you simply buy it.

If you want to make it... I believe that it was 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon cream of tartar. Put this into a blender and blend until powdery. But I don't remember the exact ratio.

"Normal cake?" Can you be a bit more specific? What flavor? Kind? We'll get you a recipe, but need a kind.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 02:00 PM

I agree with the 2 previous posters. It will take you less time to go to the store and get the powdered sugar.

Allrecipes.com is a great site. You can search recipes by the stuff you have on hand and they have a substitution chart, too.
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Feb 4, 2009, 09:11 PM

OK and sorry I was in a hurry and I had to write quick but as in a normal cake I meant a yellow cake.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 07:40 AM

Here is a recipe for yellow cake.
    Yellow Cake Recipe - Recipe for Yellow Cake
    lebweb Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
    If you ask for a normal white sponge , have this great recipe without any chemical raw material , 8 fresh eggs , 2 cup of sugar , 2 cups of sifted flour , 1 zest of lemon , 10 ml of liquid extract , mix egg and sugar , vanilla , lemon zest , until fuffy , add sifted flour and pour in a baking tray , bake in preheat oven at 180C For 30 Minutes ,
    About Powdered Sugar , Need To Pulverise at high speed in a special machine , cannot make it at home , one day I will manufacture a domestic icing sugar making machine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

What size pieces of cake will make 70 serves [ 5 Answers ]

I know someone on here can help me with this. I am not in school but work at a school cafeteria and I have a problem that needs solved so here I go... I use a 24x16 in. cake pan... I need to be able to get at least 70 servings out of this cake I just baked. Now my question is this... I use to cut...

How do you make knees/elbows go back to normal skin color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I would love to have an answer as soon as possible. My brithday is next Friday and I wanted to wear a dress but I can't because of this problem. Thank you for taking your time to read this!:D

Normal Sugar levels [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with info on normal sugar levels. Before meals, after meals in the morning before bed etc. I am consider pre-diabetic and I am trying to see if I am staying normal or not with the way I feel. Please help if you can

Powdered food coloring [ 2 Answers ]

WHere can I purchase reasonably priced powdered food coloring?

View more questions Search