Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southsound Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Commercial Cleaning Bid-Rounding to nearest dollar?
    Should I round to the nearest dollar. Right now my bid came in at 329.60 a month. Should I just put 330.00 a month?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 05:13 PM

Absolutely (period).

I live by the idea that in bidding if you are worried about pennies... you will NEVER make dollar$

Are there exceptions? Yes, but only in tipping... (kidding).

Actually, in bidding you should never quote 'cents,' only quote dollars... when you show 'cents' on your bid you are saying that you are 'small time' and I am sure that isn't the image you want to project.

Now, when quoting dollars, I always round up if it is more than $50.00... example: $10,968.00 becomes in most cases: $11,000.00. Be fair in your pricing, but don't send an image that you are less than you are...

Stringer
    thecleaningsite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 01:56 AM

I go down the other route. 'Rounding' up can give the impression that you have 'plucked a figure from thin air'. If you don't round it up it will give the impression that you've given it serious thought, that it will be accurate and therefore the right price for the work involved.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 08:08 AM

Yeah I agree possibly when it comes to dollars, but that decision I leave open on a per bid basis depending on what you know about your prospect. But I cannot agree when it comes to cent$... for the reason I stated above. In my opinion, using cents is chump.

You should always do your due diligence and research, have as much information about the company as possible that you are bidding to. Information is power and not only helps you in your bidding but impresses your potential client that you took the time to know something about their company. Also helps in the 'bonding' process. In most purchases, buying is an emotional decision along with the other obvious factors.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rounding to the nearest 1/2 inch and inch [ 4 Answers ]

Sarah was asked to round 4 7/8 in to the nearest 1/2 inch and to the nearest inch. Her answer was the same. Explain why Sarah is correct. Would it be 5 inches. :)

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I read the answers for the commercial cleaning, but I was still left with a question. I have 10 years of experience with residential, and new construction cleaning, and I've decide to venture out into commercial cleaning. What's the going rate for office building cleaning in the New Orleans, and...

Bid for commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What is the average rate per square ft. for commercial cleaning?

Commercial cleaning and taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't get a business license last year. Can I still claim all of my supplies and stuff for a write off? Should I get a business license? I live in Arkansas. I want this to be a small business and be able to get benefits of a small business.

View more questions Search