Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Diverter sends water to showerhead always
    When I turn on the water (hot or cold) in my tub water starts coming out of the shower head. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    My shirt is wet!
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:14 PM

Check the lift knob it that's what's you have that shuts off the tub spout that makes the shower work. If that's bad and or stuck and not completely open then the shower will do that trickle problem

If lime built up there this also can cause enough restriction to cause that .

If the sub spout is the knob type I would take that off and clean it out or get a knew one if its real ruff.

A reg diverter sends water down first the when that is stopped it goes up.

Like I said I guessing a bit here until I know what action to operate the shower is. So the exact info here from you is needed. If its not the above.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 12:45 AM

It sound like you have a bad spout, Check the images below and tell us which one is your spout in the tub, then we will tell you how to replace it, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 3, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcross View Post
    When I turn on the water (hot or cold) in my tub water starts coming out of the shower head. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    My shirt is wet!
    Let us know what type of diverter you have. Is it on the tub spout or do you have a three knob shower valve,(see image) Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water comes out of showerhead, [ 4 Answers ]

I can't get the little knob that turns on the shower and turns off the water in the tub to stay up,I took off the showerhead that is not the problem The water does not go up to the shower unless I place a rag over the pipe and turn the water on.

No water in the showerhead or tub [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have a speakman shower set with one handle for H or C, and another handle to switch from tub to shower. There is very little water pressure coming to tub and nothing to shower. The water pressure from the mainline to the shower/tub valve is strong but doesn't come out. I replaced the...

GE Icemaker sends out water or ice one its own [ 2 Answers ]

Help. My through the door icemaker (side by side) will send out ice or water (depending on which is selected) on its own. Major problem! I emptied the ice and put it on ice, so my kitchen doesn't flood. Thank goodness I was home when it started! Any suggestions?? Thanks, Greg

Shower - no hot water, no pressure, no water to showerhead [ 4 Answers ]

About 1 month ago the shower starting having problems. The water is only tepid and will not get hot (the water in the sink in the same bathroom is hot as well as the rest of the house). Combined with the temperature, there is no water pressure in the shower. At first you could take a shower then...

No water from showerhead [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I have a two knob faucet with a pull-up lever on the spout for the bath tub which diverts the water to the showerhead. When I went to pull the lever up today to turn the showerhead on, there was nothing. It stopped the water going to the tub, but nothing was coming through the...

View more questions Search