Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winter04me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Gas furnace to electric
    I see this has been discussed somewhat in an earlier question, but my husband really wants to switch from gas to electric heat (will be much cheaper). We have a HVAC friend who says it would actually cost less to change us over to an all electric system, rather than get a new gas furnace (some kind of heat pump thingie has to be changed on the outside of the house or something). Is that true? Are gas furnaces more expensive? What are the common problems with switching? My husband is just making it sound too easy. Although we do have a certified electrician/HVAC guy who will be doing the work. Thanks!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 10:09 AM
    The cost depends upon many things. I would get 2 or more estimates from different companys before I would do anything. This way you will know just how much of a friend your friend is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric furnace 20 kw [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a 20 kw electric furnace for my cabin... I think it says to use 240 60 amp braker... I may have 220... that OK? I do have 200 amp service... anyway... 6/3 wg or 8/3 wg?I think the book says 49 amp draw... dont have book now... tks

Electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace will turn on with the thermostat but it will not shut down. Is this a problem with the thermosts or something in the furnace. Thanks

How to convert a gas furnace to electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a conversion kit

Electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I can hear the furnace trying to come on. I hear an elctric switch come on for about 1 1/2 seconds and the stop. It keeps on doing this. What do I do?

View more questions Search