Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dopalo654 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Printer Trouble
    I have a Brothers MFC 1750 which will only print one side of the sheet.I changed the print cartridge.Sometimes it prints very lite,sometimes nothing. Anybody got any idea's what's wrong? Doug
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 03:27 AM
    Question 1; have you got the right drivers installed?
    dopalo654 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loopy123 View Post
    Question 1; have you got the right drivers installed?
    I am a novis at this.what's a driver? Doug
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Are you serious??
    Try thr disk that came with the printer.:rolleyes:
    ds70289 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 03:45 PM
    My printer continues to print the previous printing. How do I stop that?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 10:14 AM
    I believe you when you say you are novice, but that's no big deal, we all were novices once.
    From what you describe I am suspicious of the "Print Quality" area for your printer.

1) Ink quality - If you are using re-filled cartridges you may have a bad batch of ink. Try to use factory ink. Refilled cartridges can be a nightmare.
    2) Paper Quality - If you are using paper that is for a laser printer instead of an ink-jet, that can cause ink absorption problem.
    4) Bad nozzles on the ink cartridges. Try cleaning them with a soft, lint free cloth that has been dampened warm water.
    5) Defective print head.

FYI - A driver is a program usually developed by the vendor of a device (a printer in this case) Both the printer driver and the application (Say Word) talk to a common interface under the Windows umbrella. The driver answers questions from the application on how the printer does things. The application then formats the document according to what it is told. Once the document is formatted correctly, it is then shipped off to the printer to be imaged. The driver handles the document from the application interface to the actual printer.

Mar 6, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Doug,

I did some poking around on the Brother website an was able to learn that the MFC 1750 driver only supports Win 3X and WIn 95 and 98.

If you are using Win XP or Win Vista, then this printer will not work with these newer operating systems.

I was unable to find an MFC 1750 print driver for the newer operating systems.

Given the relative age of this product, I believe you would be better off just replacing the printer with a new printer.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 01:45 AM

If you didn't install your printer driver then insert the cd which came along with your printer and install printer driver after that it will print fine. If you install already then uninstall and reinstall again and properly put the paper.

Mar 14, 2009, 06:20 AM

Lets start with, What operating system are you using?

Is the problem you are having that you are getting multiple images of the same page?

Have you checked the printer to make sure that the printer is set for one page only?

First check the printer and then check the driver settings. Once to tell us the operating system you are using we can tell you where to look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Adobe PDF Printer disappears off printer group [ 2 Answers ]

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 for several years (have 2003 version) and all of a sudden when I attempt to convert a Publisher Document to a PDF document using the 'printer' the Adobe PDF Printer and/oris missing from list of available printers. I have removed the Adobe Acrobat...

HP LaserJet P2015 Printer Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a low type noise when the printer is trying to pick up up paper from the tray to print. Sometimes it finally finds the paper and prints and other times I have to go through the steps of clearing a paper jam even though the printer never picked up the paper from the tray to feed it...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

Which printer is best? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, slightly similar to another thread, but not quite. I'm looking to buy a printer, just for printing out Word documents, invoices, scripts and that sort of thing. I would be potentially running off about a hundred pages a week minimum. I am sick of paying extortionate...

View more questions Search