Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RICHARDPEGGY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Control board rheem furnace
    We purchased a new controlboard for our rheem furnace but it is not exactly the same and the wiring diagram is not matching up like the old one, for instance with the old one the heat and cold wires are black and blue on the new one the diagram says balck and red. Why is it different, and is there anywhere else I can found a diagram that is better then the one we have. Please help, its cold in here
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 26, 2009, 10:02 PM

As far as the black and red wiring is concerned, ignore it. Those wires are actually different speeds on your blower motor. Black being high (cooling) and red being low (heating). Typically on a 3-speed motor the blue wire is medium and somewhere along the line someone swapped your low speed for medium which is very common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem Control Parts [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the purpose of the following limit switches? - main limit control - rollout control - vent safety control Granted they measure overtemperature. It appears one looks for over temp of the air duct venting into the house, one looks for overtemp of the exhaust duct, and...

Rheem furnace will not run [ 5 Answers ]

Apparently no power at the transformer - is there a fuse somewhere. Model UCG 100-ER

Rheem A/C circuit board [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Reem ac unit and the blower motor won't come on. It has power to the circuit board but the green light is not on located on the board.

Rheem furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My Rheem furnace is showing a diagnostic red flashing light, flashing 3 times. I cannot locate the manual on the furnace. Does anyone know what the 3 time flashing red light means?

Furnace control board [ 2 Answers ]

Can the board be repaired or do I need to replace it

View more questions Search