Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slc258 Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Tractor battery charging
    This may be a novice (aka stupid question), but I removed my uncharged battery from my lawn tractor (12 V) and it has little to no charge... I have one of those jump start charge/battery things... without jump starting the tractor with the battery in the tractor, can I just charge the battery with the battery charge machine using the jump start clamps(putting them on the terminals), before I put the battery into the tractor in the spring?

Thanks
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Of course you can... but only if your charger has a trickle / low amperage rate. But if you can get a trickle charger you can keep it attached and it will keep the battery "topped off" only when needed. And if you store the battery out of the tractor, keep it off concrete. On a workbench or even on the floor on top of a piece of wood be acceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charging Battery [ 5 Answers ]

How does a riding mower recharge the battery?

MTD Lawn Tractor - Battery not charging [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced with new battery, tractor started right up. Next time I tried to start battery is dead. Able to jump start via jumper cables ….is there an alternator on this thing to charge battery why’ll in use? (I’ve cleaned all cables). Thanks for your help

Charging Battery Craftsman [ 5 Answers ]

Hi New to the site but i see things get answered I have an older craftsman rider and for some reason the batterys I have wont charge besides on the charger??They wont while on the tractor even tho the tractor runs great does anyone have an answer maybe?? Thnxs

Scooter battery charging [ 8 Answers ]

I recently brought a scooter from a boot sale (working condition) but did not have a charger. As the had left it at home (as they say). This scooter does not have a seat. Basically it has two 12v batteries and a pretty powerful motor. It says on the scooter "Agressor". This means that this is a...

Charging power mower battery [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dead battery on my troy blt ride on mower. How can I charge battery. Can I use my car battery?

View more questions Search