Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karle Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Pregnant /spaying
    My cat is pregnant for the second time. Yes I know I should have got her spayed after the first litte, but my hubbie came out of work, so I thought I would wait.
    Anyway, is there anyway of tellig when she will give birth she is very big now I feel the kittys moving in her tummy and her teats are swollen. She does sleep a lot and has become very affectionate since becoming pregnant.
    How soon after having the kittens can I ger her spayed?? I plan on letting the kittys go at 8 weeks if they are weened and littler trained.;)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 07:03 PM

Actually you should have gotten her spayed *before* the first litter. Not taking on that responsibility in the first place was not a mistake. It was really irresponsible.

Your vet should be playing an active role in the mother's care. You can ask him that question, as well as any others relating to proper cat ownership and care.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 07:47 PM

Cats are usually pregnant for two months. Do you know when she was in heat last? Finding homes for the kittens and getting her spayed as soon as possible (ask a vet when to do it) are responsible. There are just too many cats in the world who do not have homes.
    Karle Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2009, 02:57 AM

Well that is me told. I feel that advice was a case of "shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted".
    I will stick with advice off my vet at she does not lecture, but DOES give giuidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spaying female cat [ 3 Answers ]

I hate to do it but I have to. She is a Bengal kitten and is booked in on the 1st December to be neauted. My mum has the brother and he has been done today and I have never seen such a sad cat. I am so scared about mine being done, has anyone had there female done and could explain the procedure? ...

Spaying a 9 month old chihuahua? [ 7 Answers ]

We have a 2 1/2 pound chihuahua that was born on October 19th, 2007. She is about 9 months old. We didn't know if spaying her would be a good thing since she is so small. We think she is in heat for the first time. Her genitals are swollen and she is licking a lot. Is 9months normal age for a...

Spaying and neuturing [ 2 Answers ]

About how much does it cost to get both male and female cats fixed??

Spaying Questions [ 9 Answers ]

Today we got a Pitbull puppie named Sugar, and she hasn't been spayed. She's about 6 months old and we were wondering when is the best time to get the procedure and at what age the dog will start its heat cycles. Also: around how much does it cost? Thank you!

Day after spaying [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, My kitten Mini Me is being spayed today and I get her back tomorrow. Is there any special precautions and actions I should take when she returns home tomorrow? I love her and I'm a little nervous about the procedure. She also has a heart murmur. Any suggestions would be helpful. ...

View more questions Search