Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passion4buildin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Use creatine and whey protein together?
    Hi,

I'm 20 yrs old and ve been working out passionately for the last 7 months, 5 days a week. Currently I weigh 77kg, nearly 6' high. I am quite fit but now I would like to put on those extra muscles and get a real gym man look!:rolleyes: I ve been looking for supplements and found out that whey and creatine are the most effective. SHOULD I USE THEM TOGETHER LIKE CREATINE BEFORE WORKOUT AND WHEY AFTER THE WORKOUT? :confused: I manage a high intensity workout for around 90 min in the evening. Please guide me with these supplements(when to use, how much, amount of water intake,etc). Thank you :)
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2009, 07:24 AM

You don't really need creatine.. its kind of like fake muscles cuase the second you stop taking it the extra muscle mass you put on just seems to disappear.. but I won't tell you what to take and not to take : ). What I used to do is take creatine before my work out step up your work out when your on it. It won't be hard since I always felt like it gave me that extra push. And then afterward within an hour take your protein.. but make sure its within that hour.. thats the golden hour
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Creatine and protein work well together. However, I wouldn't take protein before your workout, as I assume you want to burn fat during it. If you take protein first, you'll burn that instead. Take a scoop of whey and 5-10g of creatine afterwards with a small amount of a high-gi carb like dextrose or grape juice.
    bigassyokednig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Referring to the first answer, there's no such thing as a golden hour, more like golden 10 minutes. If you want real results from whey protein it needs to be within 10 minutes for the best results just saying
    jeremiahwest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Would it be an good idea to mix creating and whey protein?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2012, 07:40 AM
    No reason not to mix them. After a workout is a good time to take whey and a good time to take creatine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creatine and Whey Protein [ 3 Answers ]

1. What is a good supplament with creatine & whey? 2. When using creatine is cycling helpful? 3. How much creatine should be taken per day and when should it be taken?

Whey protein and me [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I'm 13 and I play football, wrestle, and weighlift in my freetime. I'm just wondering what would happen if I took stuff like nitro-tech and stuff like that. Would I get like a deformed penis or something? Just wondering ty

Creatine / Whey Protein [ 20 Answers ]

Hey there I was wondering if you could give me some advice on these supplements. I am 17 years old and I am going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week for medium/heavy workouts, doing a 15-30 minute run and then weights for an hour or so. After going to the gym it takes me about 3 days to recover. I...

Whey Protein / Creatine [ 14 Answers ]

Hey there I was wondering if you could give me some advice on these supplements. I am 17 years old and I am going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week for medium/heavy workouts, doing a 15-30 minute run and then weights for an hour or so. After going to the gym it takes me about 3 days to recover. I...

Creatine and Whey Protein [ 7 Answers ]

I've been working out for about 2 months now approx 4 times per week and I need to start using supplements as I don't feel I'm getting the results I should be for the effort I'm putting in, but my question is Can I use creatine before I work out and take whey protein after I work out?

View more questions Search