Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jz102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Shoplifting in Maryland
    I Was caught shoplifting in Kohls, I think under $500. All items recovered from the store. Police came be ut not arrested. I signedd 2 papers, but never received copies of either of them? I was banned from store, pic taken, I know the one stated I can no longer come toany kohls, the other I think was saying theycould press charges? I never received an itemized copy of the items. 2 things , tags, items coujld not be found but this lady said she wojld add tomy list even though I did not have them or could find them? How can they charge me if cannot find. The police searched my car too and could not find. I was very cooperative with all of them. I was left to go home. But I have been sick for days worried ab out what is next. I am a single mom of 2, my own business. Will they press charges or make me just pay a fine?

Also, I had taken prescription pain killers and told them all I was very dizzy and taken too many. The next day I could not remember details on the entire situation.

Should I contact a lawyer or wait to receive something in mail?

I am 46 years old, been going through a very haddd life situation and just made a bad moment in judgement, will I pay for this forever? Could I go to jail? I do not have any record besides traffic court 10 years ago?

Please advise me asap as I cannot sleep/eat/ or funcation for my children. I look at them and am so ashamed I feel like doing something stupid to myself
    redheadmama24 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 01:06 PM
    I don't think they will throw you in jail. They will probably have you do some type of community service. Don't do anything stupid think about it you have those kids to worry about.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2009, 01:43 PM

If you were not arrested, you just have to wait it out. Kohl's may or may not press charges. If they do you will receive a summons at that point you get a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Maryland Pardon [ 5 Answers ]

I need to get a pardon because 14 years ago I was a dumb 20 yr old kid that got nailed with Transportation of a firearm in Montgomery County Maryland. (not a felony, non-violent, non-sexual, no victims) I was given 18mos probation which I didn't complete successfully (DUMB KID). In the past 12...

Maryland state law [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what the Maryland state probation laws were. Like what the law is about leaving the state and things like that.

Maryland visitation law [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I need advice on my daughter best interest. Marley is 3 months old and ebf. Her father and I were not married. While being on bedrest and hormone shots my pregnancy he was always partying and could have cared less about me. He has always been verbally abusive towards me and my other children. I...

Maryland taxws [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Maryland two -income subtration and how do I do this. Wouldn't it be just half since we both contributed to the adjustment income amount, refund on state taxes and depenendent care.

16 year old caught shoplifting in Maryland [ 4 Answers ]

This is her first offense. The amount was $90. She is banned from all Kmarts either for life or 10 years, wasn't sure on the paper. Her and her friend. What do you think her punishment will be. She is 16 and we live in prince george's county Maryland. We will have to go to court.

View more questions Search