Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:46 PM
    Attention deficit disorder Meds
    Ok I take folcalin (updated version of Concerta) and when ever I take it I have really high Anxiety after it for about an hour why is that
    Motley008 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 10:31 PM

Anxiety is a common side effect for Focalin. If it really bothersome, talk to your doctor about maybe adjusting the dosage or possibly trying another ADHD medication.
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Dexmethylphenidate (sold commercially by Novartis as Focalin, also available generically in the US exclusively from Teva) is a pharmaceutical drug used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is a psychostimulant dopamine reuptake inhibitor that affects the central nervous system. Dexmethylphenidate has a 4-6 hour duration of effect (a long-acting formulation, Focalin XR, which spans 12 hours is also available), and has been demonstrated to be as, if not more effective than methylphenidate at reducing the symptoms of childhood ADHD,[1] as well as ADHD in adults.[2]

Dexmethylphenidate has a similar side-effect profile to racemic methylphenidate (Ritalin)[3] and can be administered without regard to food intake.[4] Recently, it has become available in extended-release form (Focalin XR) and has been shown to be as effective as d,l-methylphenidate XR (Concerta, Ritalin LA), with flexible dosing and good tolerability

OBTAINED From Wikipedia.

Jan 28, 2009, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the help :)
    alwaysanswer Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2009, 08:26 PM

I would check with a doctor on that to be on the safe side rather than ask people here.

Feb 5, 2009, 03:35 PM

I know but my mom doesn't have money for a doctor visit
    alwaysanswer Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 04:33 PM

Well if everyone is quick to give an opinion, and if that opinion happens to be harmful, I'm sure they wouldn't want that on their conscious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Adult deficit disorder. [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a herb that will help or something besides taking prescription drugs that will help with add?I cannot get anything done.

Attention Deficit Disorder in children [ 1 Answers ]

Have you used Synaptol in the treatment of ADD or ADHD.:rolleyes:

View more questions Search