Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kefbritt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Replace air conditioning compressor
    Hello,
    The compressor has failed on my 1995 Dodge Dakota. I'd like to replace the compressor only, to save on costs. If I replace the compressor without replacing the condenser, will it last a couple of years or is it absolutely imperative that I replace the condenser as well?
    Thank you!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 06:44 PM

There's no need to replace the condenser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump: replace compressor or get new complete system? [ 6 Answers ]

On my 10 year old Carrier heat pump, the outside unit is rattling. First tech said it was the fan motor ($700 parts and labor). Second tech brought the fan out but the rattle remained. Put old fan back and said it was actually the compressor ($2200 parts and labor). First question: If I replace...

Labor cost to replace air compressor [ 2 Answers ]

The air compressor on my air conditioner has gone out and needs to be replaced. It is a Goodman Manufacturing Model #CLJ30-1A. The part is still covered under warranty but the labor is not. What is a reasonable price to pay for labors costs to replace the compressor? Thank you!

Air conditioning compressor [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, Last night my air conditioning compressor stopped working. It will engage, it wants to work but the fan just will not go. It is Sunday 99 degrees and was wondering if there mioght be something I can do to fix this problem? Thank you so much!!

Air conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

The plenum is frozen. No air is rising through the ducts. HELP.

Air conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate how many tons of A/C I need to cool a house. I don't want the contractor to rip me off

View more questions Search