Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lambcarla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Rights Concerning a Grandchild
    If a child and his parent lived with the child's grandparents from birth (home from the hospital) until now at age 4 1/2 and the parent is now taking the child and moving 6 hrs away, do the grandparents have any rights as to whether the child goes? The grandparents have given care emotionally, physically and financially for child's entire life.

Thank you for any help.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 12:42 PM

Welcome to AMHD. I don't see where you indicate what state, but grandparents' rights are legislated by the state legislatures, and vary from state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get visitation with my grandchild? [ 2 Answers ]

My son raised and Nurtured Anestasia while the mother worked and went to school. When she came home at night she was too tired to deal with the baby, I was there and one time she ignored the little baby toddling over to her in the kitchen with arms upstretched for some love and she was too busy...

I want to adopt my grandchild [ 1 Answers ]

My granddaughter has lived with us since she was born 12 years ago. Her mother, has asked that we adopt her. How hard will this be to do? My daughter has sole legal custody of our grand daughter and the father has not seen her for four years.

My grandchild abuse [ 6 Answers ]

My grandchild will be two very soon my daughter a single mom has a drinking problem and anger issues.tell me what you think I have been helping her take care of him . Pick him up one Sunday about a month ago and the baby sitter said he fell out of the highchair call her right away she was out...

View more questions Search