Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Loan modifiers equal more income?
    I just got a job as a loan modifier and I understand what I do already.
    But, after seeing the office and who works there.
    I wonder how much I could really make there?
    Many interviewers claim you can make 1,400-2,000 even 3,000 weekly.
    But what are the odds of that.
    I also realize working in a company such as safehouse911 will eventually close down when the help of foreclosure is no longer needed, assuming because the building is leased... as they usually are... easy to go easy to set up type of tactic.
    I also feel kind of bad for all those people in great amounts of debt paying these people such amounts of money to prevent losing their houses. But, I have no choice... I'll do what I must.

What are your thoughts on a loan modifier?
    And what do you think it could realistically bring to my monthly income as opposed to what they said they would be paying me?

I start today at 1:00, I'd like to know what I'm in for.
    For those that have experience in this field give me your words of wisdom and I assure you I will have gratitude for every word spoken.
    Scales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Hi, I saw your question from January and I am curious about the industry as you were.
    How is your Loan Modifier job working out?
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2009, 02:41 PM
    I walked out because they basically lied and it started minimum wage. Which I was making much more before that. It's sort of like telemarketing in a way because you not only work with inbound calls but also outbound. I mean I just didn't like the atmosphere. If you could deal and you're mucho desperate... Go for it. But, if not I personally would never take up a job like that again. Major Crooks! But all in all... you live and learn.
    Swansong77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 10:07 AM
    It's funny... the people who caused this mess (douche bag mortgage brokers putting people in terrible loans) are the ones who are in the loan modification business now trying to "save" people's homes. I think you made a wise choice by walking away. 99.9% of those companies are crooks and bottom feeders. People need to realize that if they are in need of a loan modification they can save themselves thousands of dollars by doing it on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Tax benefits on Pre-EMI of Housing Loan [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Flat at Kolkata & approached LIC Housing Finance for loan. They agreed to provide the required amount. Now, as usually, builder asked payment in various stages. My query is, can I get Income Tax Benefits on these Pre-EMI benefits before taking possession of the flat or I...

Home eqity loan with disability income [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NC. I own my home, with no mortgage. I'm considering a home equity loan to make home improvements. My familys' only source of income is social security disability. How would this affect my chances at a loan?

Income tax rebate on housing loan. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know what is the income tax rebate that I can get On the housing loan. I have recently bought a property and took housing loan for the same. The property is in the form of Two 1 Bhk Flats adjacent to each other which I wish to join together later. So on what princiapal and...

Income tax rebate on housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken housing loan from my office in the yr.2002 for flat under construction.I have already started deduction from my salary for the above loan.I have taken possession of the above flat in the current yr 2007. Shall I get income tax benefits for the accrued int.ffrom theyr 2002.If yes or no...

Calculation Income Tax for Housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

How to treat Housing Loan, LTA for computation of income tax,

View more questions Search