Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SamanthiaJoRuiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Puppy Won't eat!
    Okay so my puppy is three months old and he won't eat a thing he went to the vet yesterday and got his first series of shots, and now won't eat a thing he was dewormed and is okay with drinking water, but if he drinks too much he throws up... so I started to give him pedialite, and just a little water he is doing good with that but still won't eat a thing... I need help how do I get him to eat!!
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 21, 2009, 07:46 PM

Call your vet soon as you can and ask their advice. They may want you to bring the puppy in to see them. You said puppy is drinking which is good. You don't want pup to dehydrate.
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2009, 08:33 PM

Maybe it is a reaction to the shots? But be careful, because puking, diarrhea and blood in the stool are signs of parvo. Parvo is horrible.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:30 PM

Get other opinion. Dogs loss of appettite is s sign that there's something wrong. It is the sign not cause. My dog was the same I thought she'll just get over the appetite thing then yesterday, she died. I buried her in my bare hands and notice a puss coming out from her vagina. Im heartbroken.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 05:47 PM

This sounds like a reaction to the shots and de-worming meds. I'd call the vet, explain what's going on, your pup may need to go in.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy won't pee outside [ 4 Answers ]

I go:mad: :confused: t a 13 week old golden, when I see her sniffing the floor I bring her out. She will not pee or poop outside. As soon as I get her back in she pee's on the floor. I then bring back out, and of course she will no go. Please help.

My Puppy won't Eat. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I have never used this site before so I don't know if I even went to the right area for my question, BUT, I have an 8 month old Chawiener. She is a small dog that isn't expected to get over 4-5 pounds. The past few weeks she has been refuseing to eat more than a bite or 2 of food. She used to...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Puppy won't eat at all [ 14 Answers ]

We bought a puppy probably from someone we shouldn't of but too late now! She is a staffordshire bull terrier, approx 10 weeks old, she has a hare lip but this doesn't affect anything she does. We got her on Sunday, today is Wednesday and we're really concerned about her, she ate biscuits in gravy...

My Puppy won't eat! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: We got a five month old schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle) from a reputable breeder. We've only had her since Monday, she has been to the vets for the first round of shots, and does have some loose teeth. So maybe I'm panicking early, but she just shows no interest in eating. I thought...

View more questions Search