Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelb1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2009, 02:06 AM
    How do I lose weight in one week?
    I'm starting a new school in 6 days and I'm overweight I need to lose as much weight as I can in 6 days.:(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 04:09 AM

Hi, shelb1!

Is what you weigh currently causing you problems? If so, how, please?

No one is going to be able to lose a lot of weight in just six days.

Thanks!
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Try to get a stomach virus... no just kidding the most weight that you can lose in a week is 1-2 pounds any more than that is just not healthy
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nitelight198073 View Post
    Try to get a stomach virus..... no just kidding the most weight that you can lose in a week is 1-2 pounds any more than that is just not healthy
    I lost 18 pounds in a week when I got dysentary(sp) but I don't suppose a trip to Panama is a good pre-school trip.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 12:21 AM

I hear the ibola virus is great for weight loss :p

No really, diet pills may work but if you lose the weight slowly and healthily it will stay off and that is really what your looking for.

I know its hard starting a new school and feeling a bit down on yourself doesn't make that any easier. But unfortunately this question illustrates a lesson most of us spend a lot of our lives trying to learn: to love yourself.

No matter how much weight you lose if you don't learn this you'll never be happy at any weight.

Best of Luck.
    builtontherock Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 07:12 PM

Try Addipex... works great... but u can only get it from a Dr.
    Lost 90lbs in 6 months on it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 07:21 PM

You are not going to lose more than a few pounds at best, and then you would most likely be feeling ill, or tired, ( not a good way to start a new school)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by builtontherock View Post
    Try Addipex.....works great...but u can only get it from a Dr.
    lost 90lbs in 6 months on it
    Why would anyone recommend diet pills to a growing adolescent or teen? I happen to believe that's a very bad idea.

By this time, you must have already started attending your new school. I hope you're adjusting well to it! It's not always easy to feel like you're starting over, but if you maintain a positive attitude, socialize, display honest confidence, act respectful, study hard and act friendly towards others, you will have a much better chance of having a better experience.

I was thinking about your situation, and I think it would be a great idea if you would join a sports team at your new school. They're a really great way to make new friends, have fun AND get in great shape. If you don't make it onto one of the teams, still stay on the social route and join a couple of clubs. You can use this change in schools to inspire you to grow into an even better version of yourself.

I would love it if you would keep posting so that we can help you to stay inspired. Whether it's fair or not, teen and young adult lives can be a lot easier when you're taking care of yourself and a lot harder when you let things go. If you've already built bad habits, that's okay, but it's time to break those and build great ones! Short term and long term, they will have an influence on your life.

Stay positive! Lots of luck to you along the way!
    shelb1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2009, 09:52 AM

Hey thanks linnealand :)

That helped thanks :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight in a week(teen)! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 years old going to 15. I'm 5'5 and weigh about 150 punds. I really want to loose weight in a week for certain reasons. I don't want it to be drastic because I now it won't be possible but I need to change my figure. I know I'm fat because I've gained so much weight and I have a lot of belly...

12 week fitness program that works, lose weight and stay in shape [ 2 Answers ]

This is a great way to stay in shape or even lose weight. It's hard and vigour's. But it works. WEEKS 1 to 12 Monday Aerobic Fitness 2400 m run, Strength push-ups as many as you can do(not rests) Tuesday Strength: bench press, squats, sit-ups Wednesday

Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a 5'4 girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need...

Lose weight in a week [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to lose weight in a week?

How do I lose weight in a week in time for my party? [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 15 year old girl, 5'6, 170 lbs. and I need to lose weight in time for my 16th birthday party that is in a week. It's a debutant ball and I got my dress for it awhile ago and I have gained a few pounds since then and I want to lose the pounds in a week so I can fit into it in time. HELP??

View more questions Search