Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonandabby Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2006, 04:22 PM
    Hampton Bay fan changes speed
    I bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan about two months ago. We typically leave it on the "low" fan setting. Today, it suddenly started changing fan speed to medium or high 30 seconds after we set it on the low setting.

Any idea what could make a fan speed up that way?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Is it a remote fan?

Aug 1, 2006, 05:10 AM
    Yes, but the remotes aren't the issue. I took the batteries out, and they still changed. The most impressive one was that the fan also started to switch ON from an off position. And no, my house is not haunted... :D
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Switch the frequency on the fan and remote, right now they're on the same frequency as something else in the house.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Aug 1, 2006, 05:38 PM
    I'll give it a shot. Is that something that would have started with no warning in the last 24 hours? The fan is 3 months old.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Sure if you or someone in your neighborhood bought and started using a new RF device in the last 24 hours

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed problem [ 3 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan 3-speed failure [ 1 Answers ]

One of our 3 speed fans suddenly only has one speed-slow. Any suggestions or comments to help us. It's HOT

Hampton fan speed [ 9 Answers ]

New hampton fan, looks great , light works, but has one speed SLOW... I can feel power to the motor at the speed positions,but fan only appears to run at low... any ideas..? Thanks

Hampton Bay Fan No High Speed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote only Hampton Bay fan, everything works except the high speed, it worked last year.:confused:

View more questions Search