Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Abandon tenant property
    Hey guys , we rent out a house in North Carolina.The tenant abandon the property what do we do with their belongings?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 02:20 PM

How long ago did tenant leave the premises? Was it a move out and break their lease or at the end of their lease? What kind of property did they leave behind?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 02:25 PM

Depends on your state law; here in WI, you would have to send a letter to them stating that if they don't arrange to pick up their property within 30 days, you'll dispose of it. Send it certified so that you have proof they received your notification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant in foreclosed property [ 3 Answers ]

The house I am renting is in foreclosure. I had a lease agreement with the former owner that is still current. What are my rights as a tenant?

Tenant property destruction [ 1 Answers ]

If a tenant destroys the condition of their unit can they be asked to leave until repaired? If a tenant has drug activity going on can the be ordered off the property immediately?

Removing Tenant From Property [ 1 Answers ]

If I want to remove a tenant that has not paid rent in 2 months and coming up on the third month of nonpayment. This is in the State Of Georgia, Gwinett County? Can I just give him a direct notice or letter from my attorney? What is the law, how so I quote that law? Where can I find the...

View more questions Search