Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sivart Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 11:21 PM
    Saying "I Love You"
    Me and my girlfriend have been together for around 4 weeks now. Right before me, she was going out with some other guy, but they never talked or saw each other (they talked/saw each other 1 in 50 chances, so to speak).

She broke up with him, and then went out with me. A few days later she started saying "I love you" on the phone, IM's, etc.

I know that it's really early to start saying that, even now. I tried to find out why she says that, to see if she really means it.

She says that I make her feel special, and we have a lot in common. We are perfect together, we aren't afraid to be ourselves when were around. We always understand one another, and were just perfect together.

With what she said, I totally 100% agree, and well... I love her too. I mean, love is a feeling that only you can know when you feel it, and I know I do.

But it really really scares me to think about "what if" she doesn't. What if she doesn't know the real meaning. What if she does the same thing to me as she did to the other guy.

That really scares me bad because I don't want to lose her.

Writing all of that made me forget what I was really asking, so bare with me :)

I think her reasoning behind saying she loves me is well put, and justified... therefore I think she means it, and understands it. What do you all think?

I know I didn't really explain it good, so feel free to ask questions.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 31, 2006, 02:19 AM
    All you can really do is have faith that she truly feels she loves you. I mean you could always explain to her what you told us. But, I am sure that she will say, yes of course. Like you said, only you know when you feel it, so maybe she felt it early on in your relationship. You just have to trust her, that's part of loving someone, trusting that person. I understand your concern, but really only time will tell. So just continue to love, and hopefully everything works out for you. Peace.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2006, 05:12 AM
    At 17 enjoy it and have fun. In your other post you indicate your starting to play with each other in a sexual way, is this the same female?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2006, 05:20 AM
    Hi,
    I am 64 yrs old, married for the 2nd. Time now, for 29 yrs.
    Love takes time; months; even a year or two to know if you truly are in love with someone.
    Your girlfriend is only saying "I love you", with words. She couldn't possibly be "in love" with you!!
    That means caring, sharing, compromise, wanting you to be happy, being together, only thinking about you; no one else. This takes time; and at 17 yrs old, you are probably "infatuated" with her. You haven't had time yet to decide exactly how you feel about her.
    Ask yourself these questions in about 10 months. If you still feel the same way about her, then and only then, you might be "falling in love".
    I do wish you the best, and good luck. For right now, it's just another dating experience.
    sivart Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    At 17 enjoy it and have fun. In your other post you indicate your starting to play with each other in a sexual way, is this the same female?
    Yes, this is the same girl.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2006, 12:34 PM
    You've answered your own question, she's in lust and you are too but not as much.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2006, 12:39 PM
    "I love you" after a few days? She has no clue what love is. Take is slow, sivart.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 31, 2006, 02:46 PM
    It would be better to say "I really like how I feel when I am with you" but it wouldn't have the same zing. Besides, kids just loooove to "try on" things on their way to adulthood, to experiment and learn... so saying "I love you" is no different. Just bear in mind the context its being said in -- but then when I re-read your post, I think you already are, smart guy! Can't say it enough, go slow and be careful, not paranoid careful but full of care, mindful, okay?
    Kayz Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2006, 10:04 PM
    Well if you know its "Real" Then GO for it but Most of the times its Just "Lust" or "Infatuation" especially at a young age but if its reall keep it strong and don't ruin anything and remember to take things slow I'm 17 years old I have a boyfreind and yes I am in Love with him and Yes I do Love him but Take everything slow because if you rush into anything your love is going to lose or your going to feel uncomfortable in ways don't do soemthing your going to regret later in life take your time its better chasing and craving for it for awhile then just getting it at the spot because then your going to be like damn yeah I want this but she's giving it up so fast I mean its like so easy you know what I'm saying take your time don't rush into anthing and I hope you guys Last... =)
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 1, 2006, 10:11 PM
    He said I love you and he died; the other guy said he loved me and he lied; the other guy said he loved me and I said I love him I lied; one year later maybe shorter he said he love me twice within an hour... and that is why we are still married today for over 30 years... you are young take your time... you are in lust as Talaniman said...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Lyrics for "let's stop before we fall in love" [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Could someone please give me the lyrics to "let's stop before we fall in love?" I've been unsuccessful in searchin got it on the internet. The first couple of lines go, "I belong to her, you belong to him. We keep on playing a game we'll never win. We've got to stop, before the hurt...

View more questions Search