Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmorris35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Water heater pressure switch.
    I have a Rheem powervent 84 gallon tank. The control valve on the unit has an LED indicator light that is flashing 4 times. The code says that if it is flashing 4 times then the pressure switch is open. What does this mean, and how do I fix this. I have no hot water.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 19, 2009, 07:45 AM

A switch can be open or closed. If closed, current flows through the switch to whatever it's supposed to go to. In your case, the pressure switch is open -- probably failed open. That means that you need to replace it with a new pressure switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Low water pressure kitchen sink after water heater flush [ 4 Answers ]

I flushed my water heater today. When I was done, the water pressure at all the sinks, tub, washer, dishwasher, etc worked just fine, except for the kitchen sink. I took out the aerator and confirmed there was nothing there. Ran the water without the aerator in and water pressure is still about...

York Heater - Pressure Switch Stuck Open [ 4 Answers ]

I have a York heater that won't heat our second floor. The indicator LED light flashes three times which means the Pressure Switch is Stuck Open. Is there a way I can fix this myself? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any help. John

Reduced water pressure after installation of new water heater (entire house) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just had a new water heater installed yesterday and the water pressure seems to be reduced (probably 85-90%) of the prior level, through out the entire house. Our old water heater started to leak yesterday AM, had the new one installed that afternoon (40 gallon, 9 year wty, gas: GE...

View more questions Search