Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trh0046 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Removing Stuck Shower/Bathtub Packing Nuts
    I have a duplex apartment which has 30 year old plumbing, all galvanized. My problem is that I have a bathtub in which the handles and spout are leaking, mostly hot water. I have been able to remove the handles with a handle puller. My problem is that I cannot get the packing nuts off. They are stuck from so many years. I have tried Wd-40 and I have showers valve sockets. Any advice on removing the packing nuts would be appreciated. Bob Holder
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 11:01 AM

You need to use a bar for leverage to the socket also can you tell us the name and model number of your faucet or if you can post a picture will help, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Old Bathtub/Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Ready to remove the tub. Does the nozzel that remains once the Faucet of the tub is removed 'unscrew' from the copper pipe or do I have to 'cut' around this nozzel?

Removing Delta bathtub/shower single handle faceplate [ 7 Answers ]

I am trouble-shooting a tub and shower that has gone to low flow, and I suspect I need to get at the mixer cartridge. I've got the faucet removed (white plastic pipe in pictures) and have gotten down to the faceplate, which is two pieces: the circular one in the center, and the larger...

Seat is stuck in bathtub hot water and middle Shower turner and I NEED TO GET IT OUT! [ 16 Answers ]

The seat is worn smooth on the inside of the Hot water and the shower turner. It is a 50s house with pfeister stem and seat. The seat remover is useless. Someone on another post said for the shower spray they used a screwdrive and wedged it in and turned. What size screwdriver and how do I get one...

Where to get packing nut for shower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a packing nut. The nut that goes on the stem behind the shower nut. I can't find them anywhere. I have looked under packing nut, bonnet packing nut, faucet repair etc. Is there another name?

Removing stuck bathtub spout [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a bathtub fill spout that has a pipe thread near the water outlet. With a mirror I can see the end of what looks like a copper male threaded fitting. It looks like it has plenty of calcium/mineral buildup. I am hesitant to apply too much force with a lever since the...

View more questions Search