Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazmine16 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jan 17, 2009, 06:42 AM
    Jazz/hiphop anyone?
    I took ballet for 4 years and it was a very fulfilling year for me. :) yes. It is very difficult (ballet dancers can attest to that!) but nothing compares to the experience. It's sooo much different from other dances. Now I've been very very busy with college. The schedule is very hectic. It would be hard for me to continue ballet together with the course that I took so I decided to stop dancing ballet.
    NOW. With so much loads of school works and all that.. I never had the time to take any dance class. I'm starting to gain weight! So I'm planning to attend a dance class BUT I don't know what kind of dance so to everyone I need your help. Of course ballet wouldn't be included in my list. It requires sooo much of your time. You just have to sacrifice everything.

I'm planning to take jazz or hiphop... for fun and stress reliever. :D I also want to get back to my old shape so which one do you think is better??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 05:19 AM

Hi, jazmine16!

I'm sorry that no one came along to address your question! Just from my experience, I think that jazz dance would give you more variety than what you might find in hip-hop.

What other sort of art types of activities are you involved in, please?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 02:50 AM

Oh. Many thanks to you clough!
    Ill take note of that.
    Well. I haven't tried other dances aside from those three. But most probably ill go with jazz... :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:01 AM

Hi again, Hi, jazmine16!

What I meant was, are there any other things that you're also involved in concerning the arts of any kind, please? For instance, do you play a musical instrument?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 03:12 AM

Yea I play the piano bt I stopped playing it for almost 6 months alrdy.. :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:15 AM

How long did you play the piano?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 03:18 AM

For... 5 years :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:25 AM

Five years is a pretty good length of time.

The reason that I'm asking you these questions, is because I'm very much into the arts of a number of different kinds. We have a quite a few artists here who have been involved in a number of disciplines in the arts - music, drama, writing, painting, drawing, crafts, etc.

I like to find those people who might like to share some of their art in other forum topic areas of this site in order to make it more enriching for everyone, and I'm wondering if you might be interested in doing that.

Have you ever written the lyrics to a song, or might like to write the lyrics to a song?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 03:49 AM

Ohhh I NEVER did that. Haha. The only reason why I studied piano was becoz it's part of our music subject back when I was still in high school. We get to choose any instruments we want to play so I decided to play the piano.

That sounds interesting. I can share lots of infos when it comes to dancing and a little bit about piano :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 04:08 AM

Okay, fair enough. I was looking to see if you might like to write the lyrics to a song and have it put to music.

Was just a thought...

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 04:13 AM

Not sure if have the talent for that... :l but I'm interested :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 04:44 AM

If you're interested, then why not give it a try? I can help you with words and/or music.

You might find that you have a talent that you didn't know that you had! Maybe, it's just something that needs to be practiced and developed!

Please take a look at what is on the following two threads.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...ng-267729.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...on-298752.html

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 05:07 AM
    Oh OK. Ill check that out. Thanks a lot!!
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 05:43 AM

If you might like to do something like writing a song, please put it in the Writing forum topic area. That is one of the areas that I moderate, and if something goes "oops" then I'll be able to fix it.

I rarely find people on this site where I'm able to help with the things about which I know the most. So, when the opportunity is there, I really appreciate the opportunity and love to do it! I believe, in doing so, helps to enrich the site.

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 05:51 AM

Oh thank a lot clough! I'm also interested in writing poems but it's difficult! I find pleasure in reading it but I just can't do any of my own.
    But still... il try..
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:00 AM

I can also help you to improve with your poetry! There's also some others on the site who can help you greatly with that!

The important thing is to just get started!

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009, 06:02 AM

All right. All right.
    Noted.
    :)
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 07:48 AM

I do hope that you'll post something in the Writing forum topic area, jazmine16!

Thanks!
    Siam2219 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 09:29 AM

I have done ballet, tap, jazz, modern and recently ballroom. Jazz was my favorite until ballroom. Talk about getting into shape!! And variety? You'll never get bored - Swing, Cha-Cha, Salsa, Rhumba, Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, Bolero... the list goes on and on. You can study American Style or International.

The possibilities are endless!

Hopefully this gives you an option that you hadn't seen before!

Much love,

Jan 30, 2009, 12:48 AM

Thanks siam!
    Yes.. I know how to do swing,chacha,boogie,tango and waltz :) I like boogie the most!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jazz song about New Years Eve [ 2 Answers ]

A slow jazz song sung by a female. Always plays on the muzac station in companies or when on hold on the phone. A part of it goes: The candles in the room, Look like stars in the sky... What are you doing New Years Eve?

Rubber soled jazz shoes [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my jazz shoes. They have rubber soles which do not slide easily on the floor because of excessive friction. As a result I am unable to complete a pirouette, even though I do not lose balance :( . It is also difficult, almost impossible, to chasse wearing these shoes for...

Jazz motion of 2-5-1 and alternatives [ 1 Answers ]

Does one play dimnished whole-tone scales only in music with minor harmonies, or can minor scales other than dorian be played.

I need to know the name of the Jazz piece [ 1 Answers ]

This sucks because there are no words to this song I need help it's a 90's jazz piece

View more questions Search