Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craszter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
    How can I lose 63 lbs by April
    Hi my name is Haydon

I am 175 lbs and 5'8'. I want to have a weight of 112 lbs because I am mortly obese. I have tried exercising, dieting and starving non worked.

Please can I have some help

Haydon
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 06:40 PM

Diet and exercise, but stick with it
    craszter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 06:44 PM
    I have tried but it has all failed.
    I tried it for 6 months to 1 year but I have just kept on getting fatter.
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
    First, I am not a doctor and speak only from my own personal experience. It would be best you speak to your doctor first but also print this list and ask his opinion.
    1. Eliminate all prcessed sugars... Use honey in your tea and none in your coffee.
    2. Get rid of obvious starches... potatoes and pasta are a start. Eat whole grain pastas,whole grain breads, brown rice,etc.
    3. Stop eating at junk food like Mc Donalds and Burger King. If you eat at these places buy salads and yogurt parfaits only.
    4. Drink lots and lots of water. Add some lemon juice to cut the boredom.
    5. Excersise... something as simple as a one mile walk or 15 min. to start one way and then back. Up the time out and back as you feel more comfortable. 30 min. a day is doable by anyone.
    6. Stay away from cholestorol... like muffins and other quick easy food fixes. Look at the back of the packages. You will be horrified at the C count!
    7. Do not drop too much too fast. You could get sick from the sudden drop in weight. Drp the weight slowly and it will not hurt to folloe the above.
    8. Oly get on the scale once a week. If you follow the above steps you will notice a quick drop initially but you will plateau eventually and stand still in loss at times. Just keep at the above and you will continue to lose weight but at a slower rate. Remember, even if you plateau for awhile, it is not the end of your weight loss, just stick to the simple plan.
    9. Eat lots of vegatables, fruit,etc. Even if you do not like them, pick up a good cookbook, hopefully one that is a low fat book and spice your food to taste. There are lots of sites on the net that give free recipies for your particular tastes in food. Google low fat recipies, it's a good start.
    Finally... all good things come to those who wait, are patient and persist. Persistence is the key word here. Good luck and God bless. Tom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 09:55 PM

First you are not going to lose that much weight by April of this year. Maybe by April of the next year. You get on a better diet and you exercise.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 10:18 PM

If you skip meals and or *starve yourself* you are being counter productive.

By not eating your body freaks out and puts on weight.

Read the following link I know it to be true.
    Does Starvation Diet Help to Lose Weight?

By the way my dear you are not morbidly obese far from it.Morbidly obese would be like 300 or 400 pounds.
    beaches Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
    I plan on doing the same... you have to eat right... but to get to that point Google in juice fasts and get all the info you can. I started on Jan 1st and have lost 35 pounds so far. Many people are scared and think you are starving to death when in fact by juicing fresh fruits and vegetables your body soaks in and lives off the nutrients while it burns fat for the calories you need during the day. There are highs and lows and I had 2 days where I had a bite of food,but the benefits are unbelievable. Try it. Even for 3 days... you'll most likely lose 7 to 15 pound in those days and honestly you aren't even hungry. I don't count calories... Check on all the info you can get. I am on day 28 and I have never felt better AND my doctor just took me off my high blood pressure medicine!!
    BUT remember to have only fresh fruits and vegetables... all of the juices in the stores are cooked and have no nutritional value for a juice fast... get your info and get living!! PS I walk or exercise about 3 times a week... when you juice fast you are also getting all of the toxins out of your body so you'll need to rest a little more on some days... but overall you feel 10 years younger!
    NJExit9 Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2009, 09:47 PM

Hey, how is the progress going so far? What's the friggin rush? 63 pounds in 3 month? How long did it take for you to gain? Its going to take a while to lose and more work than you think. Set smaller goals at a time. Hope you are keeping up the effort!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Been trying to get pregnant since April and still not? What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I been trying to get pregnant since April and been off the pill since April. I been taking the pill since I was 16 and I am 25. What can I do to TRY and get pregnant besides have more sex? I don't know my ovulation cylce because my periods are not regular. I have no women in my life to help me so I...

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

No Period Since April 14th. [ 11 Answers ]

I posted about a month ago about not having my period and decided to wait another month or so to see if I would start my period. I have consistently started my period of the 14th of every month for God knows how long. In April I started on the 14th and it ended less than a week later (maybe 4-5...

21 April [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements...

Searching For April Camp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Jennifer... I Am Searching For My Best Friend From Childhood To 8th Grade... she Went To Myrtle Beach, Sc To Be With Her Mom, And I Haven't Heard From Her Since Then... I Don't Know If She Is Dead Or Alive... I Have Been Trying To Find Her For Many Years, And I Have Had No Luck. I...

View more questions Search