Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seashell99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
    How to self-motivate
    OK, so what are some suggestions for motivating yourself? I've been struggling with personal issues in my life (which has changed 100% in the last 12 months) and I just CAN'T get on with it.
    For example: exercising - want to, just don't do it
    Hobbies, have a few, just don't do them (make up excuses why I don't)
    Friends - been hurt too much to trust again, want friends, but not the pain

Anyone?
    -shel
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Wow, NO gain without pain buddy..
    Sometimes we have a reaalllyyyyy bad time in our lives.
    But you should not let this problem go along your life. There are so many thing that you cont know if you don't dare to try again..
    Just tell me, WHAT DO YOU GET when you don't exercise, just daydreaming all day (maybe, :p) cause don't have any hobbies, or don't have friends to share anything...
    Just change your viewpoint about HOW do you react with any unpleasant, that will help you a lot. Browse for this site
    Play Your Role - Messages and Quotes | Pravs World - Inspirational Quotes and Messages
    This site has so many self motivating word with picture. You should not miss this one if you insist to change..
    Good luck
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 16, 2009, 08:46 PM

Put a picture of the result you want and picture of who you're doing it for

For example get a really nice skinnier outfit that you want to fit into...

Put a picture of maybe your family... (I think of my husband when I really want to motivate myself).

Play positive music with music of your fav genre. Think positive. Think "I'm gonna look great in a few months" vs "This is so hard. It hurts so bad and this really sucks"

Begin with the end in mind
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 12:27 AM

Hi, seashell99!

If you wouldn't mind sharing some of the things that have caused your life to change so much, it might help us to know about those things in order to give you the best answers.

Thanks!
    seashell99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2009, 07:45 AM

Some things in my life? Well, everything... I moved to a new town, bought a home, got married and see my kids weekends and holidays. I'm not working (been looking for several months ) and I'm bored! Does that help?
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 17, 2009, 11:09 AM

Keep a picture of your ideal dream job in a place you look at every day next to a picture of your wife

I assume you want to support her and she can be your biggest self motivator

Try to join some social club or support groups in the things you're trying to fix (this will give you friends and it will help motivate you)

When you're bored... what are the things you're doing? Are you watching TV? Keep little posted notes places to remind you to do things. You can exercise in front of the TV too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disclosing Non Exempt Performance Stats to Motivate? [ 9 Answers ]

Our company is beginning to post individual non-exempt production employee performance metrics by the coffee machine, ostensibly to stimulate competition among workers. A consultant recommended this as a performance enhancement to get more from the workers than the pseudonyms our managers were...

How can I motivate myself to study? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am in my final year of high school. I start my HSC (Higher School Certificate) exams soon, and I really need to study for them. The problem is, whatever motivation I had for them is gone, but I still want to get a high grade in them. Does anyone have any study tips? Any help would be great...

Motivate him? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend of over a year and I go to the same college. However, I'm afraid that's going to change. He is obsessed with xbox360 and devotes his whole day to that. Other then going to class he plays xbox. His grades are very poor and he never studies. I have tried numerous times to get him going.....

How do you motivate somebody? [ 8 Answers ]

I've known my boyfriend for about 6 years and he is an amazing pianist. He composes his own work and anyone that has ever hear it cannot believe that he's not a famous composer. Everyone (friends, family, and strangers alike) think he is the next Mozart. I believe it too, and I know that if he...

View more questions Search