Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Furnace Blower doesn't work in a/c or ht mode?
    I have a confortmaker furnace and the blower motor fails to work in the A/C or heating mode. The motor and capacitor check out as good. What is the mostly likely problem?
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jan 14, 2009, 01:41 PM

Next thing up the chain to check is the control board. Are you getting voltage on the control board where the motor plugs in?
    lns0720 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:40 PM

Try shuting power off to your hvac unit.once the power is off dissconnect your thermostat you should have a red wire which is power, green wirewhich is fan motor,yellow wire which is cooling,and a white wire which is heat if you put your green wire and red wire togther and turn your power on you should get a fan. If not take wires apart and check for voltage you should have 24 volts between red wire and green or red or yellow
    lns0720 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:50 PM

If your fan starts with red and green wire together while disconnected from t-stat your t-stat is bad .
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jron View Post
    I have a confortmaker furnace and the blower motor fails to work in the A/C or heating mode. The motor and capacitor check out as good. What is the mostly likely problem?
    What tests did you do that tells you the motor and capacitor are good? Did you actually put 120v straight to motor wires and it ran fine? Let me know a little more about your testing, and I will try ot help.

If you set the thermosat fan setting to on, does the blower come on.(does the blower come on ever)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

I have York furnace/air conditioner-they are three years old. When I try to turn on the air conditioner, I hear a click sound but the blower doesn't kick in. I also tried to turn on the furnace fan to circulate air, but the fan doesn't kick in either. Can I reset the fan/blower or will I need a...

Carrier A/C Blower will not come on in A/C mode but works when in heat mode [ 3 Answers ]

I need some guidance. I have a Carrier A/C unit that has been working fine. Last night the fan stopped working for some reason in the A/C mode. But when I put the heat on, it works fine. The compressor and condenser work fine but the A/C fan just will not kick on. I thought it might be the...

Furnace fan goes on when in manual mode but won't work on auto [ 1 Answers ]

This is a 15 old unit I checked it yesterday and everything seems to work all right on manual mode but when turned on auto it fallows all steps but when it sends signal for fan to go on it does not work

View more questions Search