Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jai_myers Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2009, 08:01 AM
    My sisters guardian
    I have a 13 year old sister that I have guardianship of. My sister has cerebal palsy. I took guardianship of her when my mom passed in march of 2008. I have 3 children of my own and taking her in wasn't a problem until now. My aunt is trying to take her from me. Not because she feels like I'm doing a bad job of caring for her. My sister is well taking care of as well as my children. She wants her because there's money involved. It's not a lot of money but it is a fair amount. My sister doesn't want to leave me and my children, but my aunt keeps promising her things that I don't give her, which isn't much. I'm not sure what to do because I love my little sister like she was my own and I refuse to give her up. She can have the money but not my baby. Somebody please help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jai_myers View Post
    i have a 13 year old sister that i have guardianship of. my sister has cerebal palsy. i took guardianship of her when my mom passed in march of 2008. i have 3 children of my own and taking her in wasn't a problem until now. my aunt is trying to take her from me. not because she feels like i'm doing a bad job of caring for her. my sister is well takin care of as well as my children. she wants her because there's money involved. it's not alot of money but it is a fair amount. my sister doesnt want to leave me and my children, but my aunt keeps promising her things that i don't give her, which isn't much. i'm not sure what to do because i love my lil sister like she was my own and i refuse to give her up. she can have the money but not my baby. somebody please help

How is your aunt trying to get guardianship? Through the Courts - that's the only way. If that is the case the Court will take a look at all of the circumstances, interview the parties, make a determination in the best interest of the child.

I would be concerned - in light of your other posts - about your brother who apparently sits around and does "nothing" and the 13 year old and 2 (3?) year old sharing a room. Are those issues significant enough to warrant a guardianship change? Only you know for sure.

You cerrtainly explained things clearly, concisely, calmly, here and I would bet my money that you'll make a very good argument in Court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a legal guardian [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend passed away a year ago and his estranged wife had left him a year before he passed abandoning there two children. After his passing I still kept in contact with the children. Currently his ex is living in a car and the children have been living with me for two months, is there anyway...

Guardian angels [ 12 Answers ]

I heard that you can sometimes see your guardian angel while you sleep if you say some words before you go to sleep, I was wondering: what are these words, and does it work?

Guardian Angels [ 5 Answers ]

I would love to be able to 'hear' my guardian angels. Sometimes I think I do hear them but then I'm not sure if its them or just my mind. How do you know when your guardian angel is talking to you?

Guardian angels [ 2 Answers ]

What are Guardian angels and who is mine?

Legal guardian after 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.

View more questions Search