Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHY_GIRL89 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Certain amount of income
    Is there a certain amount of income you have to make to be able to claim your taxes? I only worked for a about two months last year and I don't think I made too much. And also is there a certain amount you get back for each child? This is my first year claiming my daughter.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 06:59 PM

File tax return. You will get tax refund for earned income credit.
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:24 AM

If you worked, you likely had taxes withheld. If you income is low, you may get a refund. As MukatA mentions, you MAY also qualify for the earned income credit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:28 AM

If you had income you can file, the how much depends on many factors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

(New to site,Hi!)What amount should be included in the deferred income tax liability? [ 2 Answers ]

I know it's a long question, sorry Karr, Inc. uses the accrual method of accounting for financial reporting purposes and appropriately uses the installment method of accounting for income tax purposes. Installment income of $900,000 will be collected in the following years when the enacted...

Wealth & Income Dispersion, Income Mobility, and Economic Injustice [ 20 Answers ]

There's a lot of trash being talked here and elsewhere these days about how income and wealth are distributed among the US populace, how these distributions are changing, what is causing these changes, and whether those changes are benign or malevolent. Beyond that lie the questions of whether,...

Does new husband's income count in figuring out child support amount of prev. Kids? [ 3 Answers ]

I heard in 2006 it did, but 2007 it does not.

Negligible amount of income in Germany [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am F1 student on OPT, citizen of Germany, in the US since 2001. For 2006, I will need to file my taxes for the first time as a resident. Now I read that I need to report my world-wide income. I have some unsubstantial income in Germany (couple of $100 in interest), nothing big, which...

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

View more questions Search