Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gianna63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 11:07 PM
    Affair with married man
    I have been involved with a married man for 5years and I am so fed up with this whole situation I want to send him an email because I just want this to end and I have been avoiding his calls and texts for 2 weeks what is a good way to handle this situation?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 12, 2009, 11:10 PM

Wow, I'm sorry, but you two disgust me.

How do you have the audacity to play with someone's life for five years? Do you have any regards to his wife's feelings? Or do you only think about yourself?

You need to respectfully meet this man in person and tell him that this whole situation is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY wrong. End it, and get a reality check.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2009, 12:03 AM

Stop your whining and leave this man ALONE! THAT'S what you should do. On top of that, you should write a letter of apology to his wife and family! You won't get any sympathy here from me, and I doubt that many others will give you any either. Do you have to go after married men because you can't find anyone single that will put up with your absence of moral standards?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 06:19 AM

You have done enoug damage, both of you. Did his wife's feelings ever pop into your mind once? Just let it go, for both of your sakes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 07:15 AM

I just want this to end and I have been avoiding his calls and texts for 2 weeks what is a good way to handle this situation?
    Keep avoiding him as your doing. If he persist tell him you will tell his wife.

Glad you finally woke up, better late than never I suppose.
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 13, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Keep avoiding him as your doing. If he persist tell him you will tell his wife.

Glad you finally woke up, better late than never I suppose.
    I agree with talan on this... however, just make sure that you stick to your guns... make yourself very clear that its over and explain to him why its over... I would give him a few minutes to plead his case just for the simple fact that if you don't, then that gives him more reason to hunt you down saying that he "just wants to talk to you"... after hearing him out, don't contact him anymore, change your daily path of travel because I'm sure he knows your schedule by this point... if he calls you then you need to explain to him that "we have already talked about this and im not talking about it anymore."... and then if he persist, tell him you will tell his wife, just as talaniman has said to do...

Good luck.
    runrunrun Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

Sep 30, 2009, 01:46 AM

5 years??
    You have let yourself be used for 5 years?
    You have been played and I think you know it hence the no reply for 2 weeks, wanting out.etc
    You got what you deserved.
    I agree with the others, write to his wife and give her the chance to do what is right too. This guy deserves no mre mercy than you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AFFair with a married man [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am so lost in my thoughts on this topic. I have been with my boyfriend for 10 years, and we have bene distant for abou 6 rather than leave I started just having an affair with a married man 20 years older than me. Hes 45 and I'm 26. He has 3 kids and a great wife. He was happy guy when I met...

Married and in an affair [ 14 Answers ]

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

View more questions Search