Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susanaac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Appraisal for a confederate states of America bill
    I have a confederate states of America bill that was printed in 1841, for the amount of 20 dollars. The number of the bill is: 3'2911. VIII series. The state of the bill is impecable.
    I want someone who can make an appraisal of this item. Thanks!!
    Susanaac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Apraisal for a 1864 confederated states of america's bill
    Sorry... I've made a mistake on the date of the bill:
    I have a confederate states of America bill that was printed in 1864, for the amount of 20 dollars. The number of the bill is: 3'2911. VIII series. The state of the bill is impecable.
    I want someone who can make an appraisal of this item. Thanks!!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 09:58 PM

Susanaac-I need what ever you can give me off the front side, like [ where was it printed and what date series isit, What is on the face side as for pictures ecr: is thwere a state written on it CHECK SOME OF the other posts here latly , there are some that has { how to figure the grade and condition of paper currency, Colough will post it just as soon as he comes by IT gives you the grades from good to MS-70 ,what to look for and so forth; " he uselly beats me to the posts and already has it posted , he's a lot of help to me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 11:09 PM

[Post #2 has been moved from a new thread that was started by Susanaac.]
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2009, 07:28 PM

It would help to scan in a pic of both the front and back firstly. There are millions of these that are novelty items or reproductions. I have been a collector for 40 years so have a bit of knowledge under my belt. Please look for anything on the bill that alludes to re-production or "copy".
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 07:58 PM

SUSANAAC- ALL the confederate money was printed in New York city and in Columbia South CArolina( after moveing from Richmond Virginia; all in that year had the same date on them( FEB.17TH 1864 ) THE other place they were engraved and printeed
    Was by the national bank note company in N.Y.( NOTE)- JUST ASCURTisst Wrote _ watch out for counterfit pices, THERE IS WAYS HIM OR I COULD TELL ; IF YOU COULD
    T A PICTURE OF BOTH SIDES ON HERE SO WE COULD SEE IT GOOD WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO ;; GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 12:32 AM

I'm hopeful that Susanaac will return to respond!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a confederate $5.00 bill value 1864 [ 3 Answers ]

What is a 1864 $5.00 bill worth? February 17 1864 , Richmond

I have a 500 dolar confederate bill. [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering how much this bill is.. I have a 500 dollar confederate states of america bill it is dated n 1866 or 67 I think I cnt make it out but the number on it is 393.. please lend me a hand and knowing its worth and who to contact.. greatly appreciated...

View more questions Search