Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aw86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 06:40 AM
    1 Week Break but Not Broken Up?
    Hi there,

So right now I'm on a "break" not a break up though with my girlfriend. Apparently she just needs some space so she can think and so when we see each other in a week there's an even bigger spark. I guess we've found ourselves in a routine and now its catching up.. as well I use to get kind of jelous or in a little attitude when she wanted to hang out with some new friends instead of me.. and that one thing I need to change.. and its happened in the past so now I think its pushed it so now she wants this "break" but its only for one week.

Now it really is taking a toll on me.. the first two day have been upsetting. Some little tears and the worst stomach feeling that just makes you lose your appetite. I wish things could be solved by sitting down and talking but apparently that won't work and this is what's needed. We are so in love too and she was even pinking and promising me on the phone that this wouldn't mean the end of us and that when that day comes in week we'd just be all over each other.

What am I to think of this..

I also just want to see that this is apparently something to believe in one another and this break just means no communication.. no phone.. text.. email.. social networking or face to face for one week.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jan 10, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Maybe she really does just need a little space... just give it to her. You don't have any control over what happens next so its best to give her the space and show her that your willing to work with her

Jan 10, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Yeah - I mean I guess I wish it could be different. I do trust and she promised me it'd be OK and we take our promises very seriously. Apparently she was even more upset the next day after it happened than I was.

Jan 10, 2009, 07:01 AM

By the sound of it things are going to be just fine for you.. sometimes when we get in these routines its can drive us crazy.. and you just need to get out there and do something different for a little while... if you really want to make her happy.. after the week you should try and take her somewhere new.. show her that you arnt all about routines.

Jan 10, 2009, 07:08 AM

Yeah - I think you right.. as hard as this is on me.. I'm sure it is on her too and I just want to plan something big for the day. I just really want to know its going to be OK I guess.

Jan 10, 2009, 07:19 AM

You really can't know how things are going to turn out.. you just have to live your life and enjoy the good moment and roll with the punches in the bad
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2009, 07:59 AM

Do you realize your acting like a junkie without his dope, ( your having withdrawals ) and that means dependence, NOT GOOD.

Also guy if you can't go a few days without your honey bun, that means you have no life beside her, and are probably smothering this poor girl, with some very needy actions.

A big red flag, and take this to heart, she has to break with you instead of telling you she will see you in a few days. Not good, and you better get your needy act together, and balance your life with other things besides her.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 09:00 AM

You need to start preparing yourself for anything at this point. As to talaniman's comments, she is your drug. What if she doesn't come back?

Just start preparing yourself for whatever comes your way.

Go and run a muck with your friends :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So I'm broken, and am helping break others too. [ 12 Answers ]

For some background information, I am divorced. I was married for 3.5 years, I had come home from an Hunting Trip, and my ex-wife said she didn't love me anymore. She moved out. During that month, a friend has told me that during that time she had a friend move in. I found this out this last...

Girlfriend attacked me this week. Should I break up? [ 30 Answers ]

I need some advice here. My g/f and I have been through a crazy 4 years. It has been a cycle of break up, get back together for those years and when we are apart its no longer than a week. Well my g/f has been nagging, disrespecting me, and treating me like a doormat. Due to this On Saturday...

Girlfriend asked for a 2 week break [ 6 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search