Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JChap Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2006, 11:41 PM
    Does anyone else have this problem
    I'm a junior in high school and I have been noticing something lately. Every time I start hanging out with a girl that I know a little, have some chemistry with, and would eventually like to date I find out that I can't get to close because she has a controlling, crazy, attached, friend. My question is, how in the world am I supposed to get this crazy girl away from the girl that at I am interested in so that I can have some one-on-one time to work on a relationship with her.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2006, 12:32 AM
    Write her (the girl you are interested in) a sweet letter!
    Don't mention her crazy friend, obviously, but the letter could get her attention ALONE :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Just a thought, but why don't you get together and have a nice conversation with both of them. If you get the approval of one, then the other should be easy.

Don't let 'bullies' rule your life, remember the saying "if you can't lick em, join em" - it does work and delivers less stress.

Good luck.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
    If it isn't a crazy girl friend it's a pesky younger brother or sister. Get out the molasses and smear it everywhere. In other words charm them all. I guarantee good results.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jul 25, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Do you have a crazy friend for her crazy friend?
    JChap Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Well one major problem about these answers involves something I forgot to mention in the first post. The crazy girl is not the most likeable person to say the least. She is uber controlling about everything and a pain to be around. And yes I do have a crazy friend that is similar in personality but they loath each other. Like, set your house on fire loath each other.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 25, 2006, 04:25 PM
    OK, so this over coltrolling crazy probably thinks you're a creep - you have a mutual dislike society here. Get to know each other and maybe both of you will be proved wrong. If you want to get close to her friend, you will have to go through her, so start training.

You're going to meet all kinds of people throughout your life, start learning how to tolerate and accept it, it will make things easier for all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Hey, Charm the crazy girl or kidnap the one you want to talk to. This is a true test of... MANHOOD!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Gret answers above. You have no real option but to try your best with the friend... and if it doesn't work out then at least the girl you like will see that you made an effort and that just may work in your favour.. it might make her LIKE you even more.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 25, 2006, 05:23 PM
    You have some really great methods listed here so I offer a zen-ish approach, if you might be interested:

Start by altering your belief about it... :p
    You said: "I can't get close because she has a controlling, crazy, attached, friend."
    The truth is: "I don't know how to get close because she has a controlling friend that seems to be getting in the way.

That will crack the door on it just enough... :D

Next remind yourself of all the complicated things you learned from childhood all the way up to this very moment in time.
    1. How to tie your shoes
    2. How to ride a bike
    3. How to make the girls giggle
    4. How to ____________________ (get my drift-- there must be hundreds of 'em, no?)

Then know that if you experiment long enough, you will make your way through the maze, avoiding all the dead ends AND the crazy friend and voilą, the next thing you know...

There you are... actually... amazingly... one-on-one with HER, breathing in the same air space :eek:

And YOU did it LOL
    ... have fun, grasshopper :cool:
    Kayz Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Write her a note easy as that or just be Mature about it and say "Hey can i talk to you Privately after school or something" ask her for her number try and talk to her don't be shy girls like when guys are reall and straight up in good ways and just go up to them especially if your young she would probably have Butterflies inside hehe if she likes yaaa =P
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Unfortunately it's not uncommon for teenage girls to have "controlling, crazy, attached friends." Teenage girls can be very territorial and when a girl tries to make a new girlfriend or shows indications of a potential romantic attachment her friend can perceive that as very threatening. Your best bet is probably to convince them that you're more fun to hang out with without coming right out and saying so. Also maintain a little of that "mystique" by not coming on too strong, phoning but not every day, striking up brief conversations when you cross paths but then cutting it short ; you get the picture. Keep the interest level high by being a mystery. Once a girl becomes interested she won't allow herself to be swayed by any "controlling, crazy attached friends."
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 3, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Does she have a locker at school? If so, do you know which one it is? Write her a note and slip it into her locker if possible, asking her if you could meet more privately at some point.
    Or, if not, next time you talk to her, surreptitiosly try to hand it off to her, or put it in her coat pocket. If her friend is that intent on you, it shouldn't take much to distract her. Simply look off intently in the distance past her shoulder. She'll likely either turn around temporarily, wondering what you find so fascinating, or she'll probably continue to stare at your face, wondering what the heck is going through your head. ;)
    It may not be the best or most even-handed tactic, but it's possible you could use her jealously and mistrust to your advantage, if only for a moment. It might afford you an opportunity to make some initial one on one contact anyhow. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search