Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Butterfly1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 07:33 PM
    My sons girlfriend is keeping my grandson from me.
    My son and his girlfriend live with her mom. His girlfriend and I don't like each other. We were getting along fine until words were said and now she will not let me see my grandson and won't let me son bring him over. She told me son she will let me see him when she feels llike it. Is there anything I can do legally?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 05:59 AM

No.

Sorry to be blunt, but that's pretty much it. You can convince your son to grow a pair. You can make up with your grandchild's mother. But legally, there isn't much you can do.

SOME states make provisions for grandparent visitation. If you are not in one of them, its up to you to make up with his parents.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Jan 9, 2009, 07:30 AM

Nevada does have grandparents rights but it is all conditional.

Grandparent Rights to Visitation: If child's parents are separated or divorced or if one parent is deceased or has relinquished his parental rights or had them terminated, the grandparents and great-grandparents may get visitation if in the best interest of the child. The statute lists specific factors which are to be considered in determining the best interest of the child. Chapter 125A, Section 125A.300 (N.R.S.A. 125A.300).

You may look into it but I don't see that you have a case with the facts you stated above. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 yr old grandson [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of some advice. I have a 2 yr old grandson who is very adorable, loved, and very fortunate that he has me and my husband. Let me start by sharing that as of April of this yr my grandson has not seen his mother. My son has been providing and being attentive to his needs but right...

Need 504 plan for grandson [ 23 Answers ]

I have several concerns and questions for those who are familiar with procedures in the TIER I, TIER II, and TIER III model. My grandson who now 9, was diagnosed at Medical Center with ADHD, ODD when he was 6. He was assessed as low to average in IQ. I believe he also has dyslexia but he is in...

Keeping a girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have gone out three times already and this third time I thought would be the best. This relationship has gone on for about 2 months now. But the other day she just texted me and said that we should just be friends. I called her backed and asked her why because we had been going...

Forms required to evict a girlfriend/mother of our 2 sons [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to have the mother of our 2 sons evicted because she will not do anything but lay around 24/7, internet all night, won't cook, clean etc. I took her in because her own daughter threw her out and she came knocking on my door. But now I've had it. The court requires you to know what form...

My Grandson [ 7 Answers ]

My precious little grandson does the weirdest thing once in a while. To explain a little when he was born he was breech, he never crawled, he sat straight up and hopped. He had months of therepy and started walking very late. At about age two he started with these little twitches, his legs go...

View more questions Search