Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmiller0714 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Bleeding after sex.what is this?
    I had sex and noticed a brownish colored blood when we were cleaning up the other day (Jan 4th). I thought we had jump started my period a week and a half (the first day of my last cycle was Dec16th). I put in a tampon and few hours later took it out and much to my shock... there was barely any blood. I wiped and it was there a bit brownish. Then about an hour later it went away. The next day nothing until dinner time I went to the restroom and this time it was a bit more and it was still brownish. Then the next day and today... every time I wipe it is there. It is definitely not red blood. I am having cramps but no pad.. no tampon... no period. What is this? I am 28 yrs old. Very regular on a 28 day cycle. Do not use any sort of birth control. Can you please help me here? I was not due to start until 01/13 and this started 01/04
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Jan 7, 2009, 01:12 PM

I had this same problem. I started my period on nov 26th. And it was regular then my boobs started hurting for about 3 weeks straight shorty after that. When it came time to start my period on dec 26th it never came so I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Then on the 28th me and my boyfriend were intamite and I started bleeding a little bit so I put in a tampon. About five hours later when I went to take it out there was barley no blood it was a bright red color though and it had some clear discharge along with it.
    So I kept my tampon out and then my period went away. Then the next morning me and my boyfriend were intamite again and I started to bleed again and the same thing happened. This went on for about four days, so I decided to take another test and it was still negative, my cycles were pretty regular as well I get sometimes a 28 day cycle or a 30 day cycle. I also just got off the shot about 5 months ago but I starteed my period as soon as the shot stopped. And had regular cycles ever since. So then I decided to go to planned parenthood and they said that I might have an std called clymidia. So they tested me and that was negative as well. So I think I am just going to wait for my next period and see how that goes.

This problem could be many things. Your vigina could be irritated so you bleed every time you have intercourse, or you can have an std. or maybe your cycle is just a little messed up. You never will know. I would just wait until my next period and if it happens again go to the doctors.

Jan 7, 2009, 01:46 PM
    No I don't bleed every time after sex. I only bled that one time. Sex doesn't hurt nor do I bleed. It was like this one time jump started my cycle but then it really isn't a cycle.

Jan 7, 2009, 04:03 PM

Well sex didn't hurt for me niether. I would wait for my next period then and if its still weird I would go to the doctors.

Jan 8, 2009, 09:23 PM
    I went to the gyn and got a pap today. She said it could just be my period early. This isn't a period... trust me... lol. And if it is I would be one lucky woman. I don't have to wear a tampon or anything. My normal cycles are wildy heavy and I hurt bad. She examined me and said no tears or cuts or anything abnormal. Waste of my $25 copay I guess... lol. And yet tonight I got up to go to the restroom and wiped yet again and it is brown. She also wrote me a prescription for Birthcontrol and said to start them when my period was over. I asked her what period... this "so called period". Then she looked less likely to be as convinced that this was my period and said no wait until your next real period.. . :)

Jan 10, 2009, 01:17 PM

Yea I would wait till my next one there isn't really anything they can do about it. And that sounds strange she would want to perscribe you birth control because they only perscribe birth control when you have very heavy periods with lots of clots and stuff. Not if your barley getting one.

Yea so I would wait and if it is still that way next month go to a different gyno. Look for new symptoms to like headaches , etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

Bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

I am going through menopause. Have not had a period since January. For the last couple months have had slight bleeding after sex. Should I be concerned?

Bleeding the day after sex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a teenage girl who had just had sex. This morning I realized that I started bleeding. Is this normal and will it go away.

Will there be bleeding? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there will be bleeding after taking Pill 72 ?

Bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! My parent's don't know that I am having sex! And whne I have rough sex only I bleed a little bit but only for like 10 seconds and that is it? What is it?:confused:

View more questions Search